FORUMS: list search recent posts

Smell-O-Vision

COW Forums : TV & Movie Appreciation

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Scott Roberts
Smell-O-Vision
on Jun 24, 2011 at 5:39:42 pm

Here's a slightly disturbing article about how the new Spy Kids movie will be in "4D". That means you get a card that smells like things at specific points of the movie...

http://www.usatoday.com/life/movies/news/2011-06-23-spy-kids-4D-aromascope_...

At last we've gotten over 3D and have now entered the era of 4D. In a few years we'll have 5D, where they give you a platter of food at the ticket booth, and you eat specific items at certain points of the film. And just around the corner after that, naturally 6D will arrive, where the studios will pay thugs to stand in the theater during the movie and punch audience members in the face at the same time Jason Statham gets punched in the face. OH GLORIOUS FUTURE!

In the words of Jay Sherman: "It stinks!"

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
Re: Smell-O-Vision
on Jun 24, 2011 at 6:23:24 pm

Soaring Over California lets you smell stuff like oranges as you fly over California.

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Check out my Motion Training DVD

Check out my Motion Tutorials

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Jun 29, 2011 at 1:52:21 pm

Scott, Scott, Scott, you are SO far behind the times on this one....

Return to posts index

Scott Roberts
on Jun 29, 2011 at 2:31:51 pm

Hahaha, that was great. Kentucky Fried Movie, right? I don't think I've ever seen it in its entirety. I loved how they spent the entire first minute of that sketch just showing the awkwardness of the movie theater.

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Jun 29, 2011 at 4:07:11 pm

When I was really young, I went to the theatre to watch a double-feature of "Kentucky Fried Movie" and "Groove Tube". I remember being really tired and bleary after the experience. Was one of the first movies I'd got to see that had naked women in them, albeit briefly. Also, I don't remember which of the two has it, but one of them has a game show skit featuring a then-unkown Betty Thomas, the tall blonde female cop from "Hill Street blues", wearing almost nothing at all. I think she's a director now and would prefer every print of that thing be burned.

But the best thing out of both movies was the extended Bruce Lee "Enter the Dragon" parody.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]