FORUMS: list search recent posts

Visual Effects: Set Reconstruction

COW Forums : TV & Movie Appreciation

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Lisa Ganseblume
Visual Effects: Set Reconstruction
on Jun 16, 2011 at 6:42:32 pm

Hi everybody,

I'm doing some research for a project and I'm therefore looking for a several sequences where visual effects have been used in order to put a set back into a former state.

For example the character is in a destroyed set and suddenly all parts and pieces start moving back into place until the whole set is in a renewed state.

Does anybody know any example scenes similar to this description!

Thanks a lot in advanced!

Lisa

Return to posts index

Scott Roberts
Re: Visual Effects: Set Reconstruction
on Jun 16, 2011 at 8:14:39 pm

Inception? All sorts of structures are getting built with CGI in that.

In terms of going from destruction to a normal state again... I feel like there's a scene on the tip of my brain, but I can't think of where or what it's from. I'll keep thinking about it.

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Jun 16, 2011 at 8:31:14 pm

I believe AllState or Farmer's Insurance did a whole TV ad campaign on this theme a few years back, the disaster running backwards in time to a restored home or car or what not, so try some youtube searches for those.

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
on Jun 16, 2011 at 9:51:40 pm

Something like that happened in the X-Files. Sorry, Can't remember which episode. They budgeted a lot of money for it but it ended up being a simple effect with a series of dissolves.

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Check out my Motion Training DVD

Check out my Motion Tutorials

Return to posts index

Jeff Breuer
on Jun 17, 2011 at 3:34:41 pm

Popular idea in music videos. See Jack Johnson's Sitting, Wishing, Waiting video that they filmed in reverse:

If it's allowed, I'm sure this has been done in animations. This might not count either but the scene where they rebuild the world in Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is fun.

Return to posts index

Karen Cerino
on Jun 19, 2011 at 5:12:38 pm

The only scene I can think of is Spaceballs, where the planet gets the air sucked out, and then they throw the reverse switch on the vacuum cleaner.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]