FORUMS: list search recent posts

That Guy

COW Forums : TV & Movie Appreciation

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Scott Roberts
That Guy
on May 26, 2011 at 2:13:59 pm

Funny or Die has a pretty good list highlighting some of the best "That Guy" character actors out there:

http://www.funnyordie.com/lists/4d2a0370ea/the-definitive-guide-to-that-guy...

Did they miss any? I think I would have also included Bob Hoskins and (even though he's had a great deal of recent success) Richard Jenkins.

Return to posts index

Tim Wilson
Re: That Guy
on May 26, 2011 at 2:37:27 pm

I think once you get nominated for a Best Actor Oscar, you fall off the "That Guy" list. :-) That disqualifies both of those guys.

It actually disqualifies David Paymer too (Mr. Saturday Night), but I'll let him slide.

I'd also take off Lisa Edelstein. It would be one thing if she stayed in roles like the prostitute who appeared briefly in 2 episodes of West Wing, but after 7 years as a lead on one of TV's highest-rated dramas (and for 5 of those 7 was THE highest rated), but there you go.

A couple I'd add:

M.C. Gainey. The FIRST SENTENCE in his IMDb profile says, "This threatening-looking, usually-mustached actor frequently plays hillbilly-type criminals." True. He had a 6 episode run on Justified, and 18 on Lost (he was awesome in most), but other than that, well over 150 single-episode stints and tiny movie roles. One of my favorites of those was Happy, Texas.

Brett Cullen. Like Gainey, he was on Lost and Justified...and over 100 others.

I'll try to think of others, but by its nature, this is harder to do than you might think....

Tim Wilson
Associate Publisher, Editor-in-Chief
Creative COW Magazine

My Blog: "Is this thing on? Oh it's on!"

Don't forget to rate your favorite posts!

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
Re: That Guy
on May 26, 2011 at 2:55:25 pm

I can't watch that site from here, but does the list have Zerbe in it? He was just here a few weeks ago doing a one man stage show.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]