FORUMS: list search recent posts

Best Movie Sidekicks

COW Forums : TV & Movie Appreciation

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Stephen Smith
Best Movie Sidekicks
on May 17, 2011 at 2:39:38 pm

Here is a fun question. Who is the best movie sidekick? I think Chewbacca wins but here are a few to think about:

Samwise Gamgee, Cameron Frye, Dr. Watson, Pedro Sanchez, Goose & Robin (from the Adam West Batman movie...sorry Chris O’Donnell, but do I really need to explain.)

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Check out my Motion Training DVD

Check out my Motion Tutorials

Return to posts index

Scott Roberts
Re: Best Movie Sidekicks
on May 17, 2011 at 2:50:59 pm

I know a lot people don't care for Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom (it's my favorite of the trilogy, yeah, I said it), but I've always thought Short Round was the greatest sidekick of all time. While other sidekicks often stray into heroic areas, maybe even temporarily become the hero themselves, Short Round simply is the purest sidekick there is. He is 100% sidekick.

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
on May 17, 2011 at 2:50:21 pm

Dr. Jones, hold on to your potatoes!

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Return to posts index

Mike Cohen
on May 17, 2011 at 2:53:27 pm

I have come up with a problem. If Kirk is the main character, who is the sidekick - Bones or Spock? I think Bones, since Spock is really a logical counter to Kirk's illogical behavior.

Mike

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on May 17, 2011 at 6:16:47 pm

Stan Laurel.

Return to posts index

Jeff Breuer
on May 18, 2011 at 3:04:20 pm

Great call Mark, great call.

Return to posts index

Jeff Breuer
on May 18, 2011 at 3:07:14 pm

I think Disney cartoons do a great job with sidekicks. Especially in a movie like Aladdin where you have Genie and Abu, excellent good guy sidekicks and then the Parrot is an excellent evil sidekick. Gotta love the evil/comic relief sidekicks.

I also love it when the movie kicks off in the middle of long, established relationship with rich history and a closeness where they can just read each other, like Cole & Hitch in Appaloosa, Pitt & Giordino Sahara (Panama scene is a great example) or Rick & Sam in Casablanca. Rick and Sam is amazing, the late night drink, the competitor trying to steal Sam away and the looks they give each other during the night are just incredible scenes in this department in my opinion.

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
on May 24, 2011 at 4:38:47 pm

How could I forget. Matt Farrell played by Justin Long in Die Hard 4. I really enjoyed that movie and felt adding a funny side kick for John McClane was a great call.

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Return to posts index

Doug Collins
on May 25, 2011 at 3:31:44 pm

My first thought was also Short Round but how can any list be complete without MiniMe?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]