FORUMS: list search recent posts

Ferris Bueller’s ‘very indie’ Day Off

COW Forums : TV & Movie Appreciation

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Stephen Smith
Ferris Bueller’s ‘very indie’ Day Off
on Apr 27, 2011 at 7:16:03 pm

Someone cut a "new" trailer to Ferris Bueller's Day Off and gave it a indie type of feel. Take a look:

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Check out my Motion Training DVD

Check out my Motion Tutorials

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
Re: Ferris Bueller’s ‘very indie’ Day Off
on Apr 28, 2011 at 2:27:18 pm

I read a very interesting take on Ferris. The theory was that this movie is really the same thing as what happens in "Fight Club": that Ferris as a person is actually all made up in Cameron's head. Try re-watching Ferris some time with that idea in mind.... woah.

Return to posts index

Scott Roberts
on Apr 28, 2011 at 2:33:42 pm

Haha, I thought that worked pretty well. Then again, between the comedy, there was already those indie "what am I going to do with my life" kind of scenes.

And I definitely need to try that Fight Club theory. I don't know how well it would work with all the scenes taking place with just Ferris in his house, interacting with his parents. That would mean that Cameron is either imagining all of that stuff entirely, or he is actually living in Ferris' house the whole time, and at the end of the film he broke into a house that wasn't his and drove a car off a ledge.

Return to posts index

Mike Cohen
on Apr 28, 2011 at 2:47:11 pm

Speaking of this, you can buy that house:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1344337/Ferris-Bueller-home-go...

Although there is an even cooler house for sale in my old stomping grounds of Pittsford, NY:
http://jhjarchitecture.com/MushroomHouse/pictures.html

There are links on the youtube page to numerous other re-cut trailers - Silence of the Lambs: A Love Story, for example.

Fun stuff.

Mike Cohen

Return to posts index

Jeff Breuer
on Apr 28, 2011 at 3:15:20 pm

That's brilliant! I need to watch the movie again with that in mind. I love these recut trailers, so much great creativity. Here are two of my favorites:

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]