FORUMS: list search recent posts

Anyone else addicted to THE KILLING yet???

COW Forums : TV & Movie Appreciation

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Roth Weiss
Anyone else addicted to THE KILLING yet???
on Apr 12, 2011 at 7:44:13 pm

Anyone care to comment?

In case you haven't seen it yet (the third episode airs this Sunday), AMCTV's new hit, THE KILLING, is remarkable and very promising. It's done in the same vein as AMC's other great TV dramas; MADMEN, and BREAKING BAD, with great casting and great writing just for starters.

The lead actress is as good as they get, and most of the time I forget she's an actress. She wears no makeup, or at least seems not to wear any, which is a real rarity among those vane enough to do close-ups in our HD world. And, the setting is rainy and bleak Seattle, which plays it's own part as another member of the cast.

Think David Lynch meets SVU and you'll get the idea...

David Roth Weiss
Director/Editor/Colorist
David Weiss Productions, Inc.
Los Angeles
http://www.drwfilms.com

POST-PRODUCTION WITHOUT THE USUAL INSANITY ™

A forum host of Creative COW's Business & Marketing and Apple Final Cut Pro forums. Formerly host of the Apple Final Cut Basics, Indie Film & Documentary, and Film History & Appreciations forums.

Return to posts index

Scott Roberts
Re: Anyone else addicted to THE KILLING yet???
on Apr 12, 2011 at 7:53:16 pm

I've been DVRing it (and have it set to DVR the whole season), but I haven't watched any of it yet. Still going through several other shows, and coupled with movies to watch, websites to read, video games to play, and worst of all - human interaction - there's not enough hours after work to get to everything I want to absorb into my brain!

But The Killing does look great. One of my friends who's been actually watching it (and not just storing it on his DVR) says it's like Twin Peaks, only less weird. I loved (most of) Twin Peaks, so I'm looking forward to eventually watching it.

Thanks for building my anticipation even more, David!

Return to posts index

David Roth Weiss
on Apr 13, 2011 at 2:56:58 am

Yes a bit like Twin Peaks meets SUV. Seattle obviously produces strange brain functionality in all inhabitants.

David Roth Weiss
Director/Editor/Colorist
David Weiss Productions, Inc.
Los Angeles
http://www.drwfilms.com

POST-PRODUCTION WITHOUT THE USUAL INSANITY ™

A forum host of Creative COW's Business & Marketing and Apple Final Cut Pro forums. Formerly host of the Apple Final Cut Basics, Indie Film & Documentary, and Film History & Appreciations forums.

Return to posts index

Scott Davis
on Apr 15, 2011 at 11:58:00 pm

Absolutely fantastic! The characters seem so real. Flawed, angry, happy, disturbed. Just like real people. Superb writing, pacing, acting. How is AMC doing it? Once incredible show after another lately.

Scott Davis
View Scott Davis's profile on LinkedIn

Return to posts index

Mike Cohen
on Apr 16, 2011 at 3:37:12 pm

Just watched the pilot. Amazing in every aspect
Seattle is a perfect location for a bleak story. It makes you realize how cookie cutter shows like CSI are. Great performances. My eyes welled up a couple of times which is pretty rare for me.
Now if only DirecTv would carry AMC in HD.
Mike Cohen

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]