FORUMS: list search recent posts

Netflix expanding???

COW Forums : TV & Movie Appreciation

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Stephen Smith
Netflix expanding???
on Mar 17, 2011 at 8:02:33 pm

Here is an article about Netflix possibly purchasing their own original content. Seems like a smart move to me. Read about it here: http://www.studiodaily.com/blog/?p=5921

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Check out my Motion Training DVD

Check out my Motion Tutorials

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
Re: Netflix expanding???
on Mar 18, 2011 at 3:37:13 pm

Everything old is new again. This was how network programming started in the 40's/50's. I think it's a great idea though.

Return to posts index

Mike Cohen
on Mar 18, 2011 at 3:44:27 pm

I find Netflix is most useful for watching past seasons of TV shows. Both Netflix and RedBox seem limited in their New Movie options. Netflix New Movies are always delayed, and Redbox new movies are available, but are often lacking the bonus features which in my opinion make DVDs of good movies more enjoyable.

If the studios want to limit rentals of full DVDs in the hopes that people will be forced to buy them, they are barking up the wrong tree.

I look forward to seeing Netflix, Google and Microsoft original programming. Mark has it right - what's old is new again.

Coming soon to a city near you, Cinerama!

Mike Cohen

Return to posts index

Mike Cohen
on Mar 18, 2011 at 3:45:09 pm

Is it ok to post links to StudioDaily? I often see interesting stories on there, but am unsure if it is ok to crossbreed the two websites.

Mike Cohen

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
on Mar 18, 2011 at 3:59:27 pm

Mike, you make a great point...I think it is probably not a good idea to post links to Studio Daily. I'll try not to do it again.

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Check out my Motion Training DVD

Check out my Motion Tutorials

Return to posts index

Mike Cohen
on Mar 18, 2011 at 4:05:02 pm

It's not for me to say - as Ron and Tim have pointed out, sites like that are all that is left of a once robust production trade industry. Creative COW on the other hand is growing and not really threatened by its old rivals.

I think we can all play in the same sandbox, although they'd better stay off the monkey bars!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]