FORUMS: list search recent posts

Name that movie tune

COW Forums : TV & Movie Appreciation

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>

Scott Roberts
Re: Name that movie tune
on Mar 7, 2011 at 4:16:11 pm

That's a pretty cool list. It's nice to see "Amoreena" from Dog Day Afternoon and "These Days" from The Royal Tenenbaums on there. Not fan of McCabe and Mrs. Miller at all, and I'm surprised to see a song from The New World at #4... Did that many people even see The New World?

But that scene they reference from Boogie Nights is one of my all-time favorite scenes, from any movie.

My only real problem here, or more so my only real "Whaaaaaaaat?" on this list is the song from Jungle Fever. Not to take away from that song (even though I've seen Jungle Fever and I don't remember the scene they are referring to because it wasn't that memorable of a movie), but my problem is that if you're gonna put a song from a Spike Lee movie on a list like this, why not "Fight the Power" from Do the Right Thing? They play it like 10 times throughout the movie, the characters talk about it, jeez, the song even moves the story along! The whole ending riot sequence gets sparked because Radio Raheem is blasting "Fight the Power" on his boom box at max volume in the pizzeria! I can't even listen to that song without immediately associating it with that film.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]