FORUMS: list search recent posts

Abort/retry/fail?

COW Forums : TV & Movie Appreciation

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>

Scott Roberts
Re: Abort/retry/fail?
on Mar 3, 2011 at 10:01:27 pm

Tron: Legacy was alright for what it was I guess, but I think the world could use another 20 year break from the Tron universe. Let's wait until we can fully computer animate a replica of Jeff Bridges and fabricate all his lines with voice technology before we go back there...

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Mar 3, 2011 at 11:27:25 pm

Tron Legacy's problem was not with tech; it was a weak script, poorly plotted, and they had decades to think thru all the implications of the story, but apparently wasted all that "free" thinking time.

Return to posts index

Mike Cohen
on Mar 4, 2011 at 12:03:29 am

The comic con trailer for TRONII was a sizzle reel possibly made before principal photography or even shooting script. The final cut was basically a long sizzle reel with the makings of a story. But like Terminator Salvation there was too long of a time interval for it to make sense.

Mike Cohen

Return to posts index

Mike Cohen
on Mar 4, 2011 at 4:36:27 pm

I'd like to see a TRON3 in which the ramifications of teleportation are explored - the fact that people can be digitized and exported with a computer is glossed over but is an exciting idea that should be explored - there could be lots of conflict between the airline and aviation industries and Flynn Industries, not to mention rogue nations getting ahold of this technology. There could then be a police force sent into the TRON world to keep things from getting out of hand.

Copyright Mike Cohen, All Rights Reserved.

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Mar 4, 2011 at 9:50:17 pm

Did you look at the casting of the thing? Weird.

I DID predict that based on how they wrote Legacy, it would spin off to a TV show. I just predicted it would be live-action set mostly in our world, with some b-plot in the TRON world, and very unimaginatively done. IF you are a fan of the animated Batman shows of the past couple of years, they have been able to use the advantages of animation to do some truly adult and wonderful story-telling at times. There is also the incredible example of Samurai Jack, where every frame is a stand-alone masterpiece, and the story is good enough to keep up. So it *can* be done.

But the tease for the Tron animated series hints to me that it will be a quick and dirty knock-off of the movie, without a theme, an arc, just empty races and battles like any episode of the GI Joe cartoon series, designed to keep the market warm for selling toys and merchandising. Intended to milk and leverage the existing property for a season or two, then dumped to the straight-to-DVD release mode.

Return to posts index

Scott Roberts
on Mar 4, 2011 at 10:14:37 pm

Yeah, Samurai Jack was great, but that was also on Cartoon Network, who have the capability to run quality programming from time-to-time. You just have to dig through the horrible schedule of Aqua Teen Hunger Force, Squidbillies, Robot Chicken and the like, and you can pull out a few gems here and there.

Even the Batman shows were made by Warner Bros and put on the WB or Cartoon Network.

But a TRON show produced by Disney, and then ultimately put on the Disney Channel...? I wouldn't expect there to be anything of value coming out of this project.

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
on Mar 7, 2011 at 2:55:40 pm

[Mark]

Did you look at the casting of the thing? Weird.

Yeah, that was my first thought, but I think Paul Reubens is very talented and can pull it off. He was the only person to play Murphy Browns secretary more then once because he was so awesome.

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Check out my Motion Training DVD

Check out my Motion Tutorials

Return to posts index

Mike Cohen
on Mar 7, 2011 at 3:53:36 pm

I agree Disney Channel seems like a silly place to run this show - While I receive the Disney channels, I keep them hidden on my guide. There is nothing else on Disney for 14-25 year old males to watch, so they may want to get this on Cartoon or G4.

Mike

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]