FORUMS: list search recent posts

Drive Angry 3D

COW Forums : TV & Movie Appreciation

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Scott Roberts
Drive Angry 3D
on Feb 28, 2011 at 11:09:52 pm

Oh yeah! I forgot to mention I saw the new Nic Cage movie, Drive Angry 3D, over the weekend. I probably forgot because I tried to erase it from my memory.

I was kind of hoping for it to be surprisingly and miraculously decent for some reason. Or at least so bad it was comical. But it was just boring. Just severely boring. How can a movie titled so bluntly about a guy escaping from Hell to get revenge on a cult leader who killed his daughter be so boring...?

For one thing, it was 100 minutes. Any movie called Drive Angry 3D should ever exceed 80 minutes. This whole movie might have actually worked better as a fake Grindhouse trailer. Except maybe not, because the actual trailer isn't that good.

The 3D... it was gimmicky as hell, which might have actually worked in its favor. Bullets flying at the screen, cars flying at the screen, blood flying at the screen. They seemed to get the flying at the screen concept down alright. Too bad Cage phoned yet another one in for a paycheck, and the dialogue was seemingly written by a 15 year old. I was hoping for crazy Cage, I got boring Cage. It was a 50/50 chance.

And they stole the gunfight during sex concept from that Clive Owen movie Shoot 'Em Up from a couple years ago. And Shoot 'Em Up did it better.

To be honest I don't know what I was thinking. I had a few hours to kill Saturday afternoon, and I wasted $10 (lousy 3D prices...). I should have just watched The Fighter or Black Swan in theaters again or something. Or a DVD. Or taken a nap. All superior options to Drive Angry 3D.

<iframe width="560" height="349" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/O2-hiHUh4UQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen="allowfullscreen"></iframe>

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
Re: Drive Angry 3D
on Mar 1, 2011 at 3:19:09 pm

You could have stayed home and unwrapped the first disc of "Firefly" instead. I guarantee you would have had a much more fun time.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]