FORUMS: list search recent posts

Star Wars VW Commercial

COW Forums : TV & Movie Appreciation

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jeff Breuer
Star Wars VW Commercial
on Feb 3, 2011 at 4:18:06 pm

Star Wars seems to come up in the forum a bit (Thanks for posting that short film Mike, great animation). VW released this :60 spot yesterday and there is a lot I can say for it as an ad, but it works just as well (in my opinion) as a short/silent Star Wars fan film. Released yesterday, it already has 1M+ views.

<iframe width="640" height="390" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/R55e-uHQna0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen="allowfullscreen"></iframe>

Return to posts index

Scott Roberts
Re: Star Wars VW Commercial
on Feb 3, 2011 at 4:28:13 pm

Haha, that was really good! It was entertaining and I thought it did a good, comical job of capturing a little childhood whimsy. Finally a Superbowl ad that won't disappoint!

But if I may try and one-up your combination of Star Wars and adorableness:

<iframe width="560" height="345" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/-CVYOCMpJRY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen="allowfullscreen"></iframe>

Return to posts index

Mike Cohen
on Feb 3, 2011 at 6:27:47 pm

VW Ad - clever, not really funny, and Vader would never drive such a vehicle. At least they could have used a black car. That car is what Anakin and Padme would have if they settled down on Naboo and had to take Luke and Leia to soccer practice and Hebrew School.

2nd one was great stop motion animation and pretty funny - I'd buy a family sedan if that were a car ad!

Mike Cohen

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Feb 3, 2011 at 7:33:44 pm

I liked it, though the set-up was painfully long. What I would change is, when the car starts, the kid would probably turn and run home like his tail was on fire, as the more natural reaction.

Return to posts index

Bob Cole
on Feb 14, 2011 at 12:45:50 pm

[Mark Suszko] "I liked it, though the set-up was painfully long."

You'd probably prefer the 30-second version, which ran during the Super Bowl. I did.

Bob C

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
on Feb 14, 2011 at 3:49:09 pm

I did not like "Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace" (sorry gang) I think it would have been much better if they had Anakin Skywalker wearing a Darth Vader suit like in this ad. :-)

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Check out my Motion Training DVD

Check out my Motion Tutorials

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]