FORUMS: list search recent posts

The Sorcerer's Apprentice

COW Forums : TV & Movie Appreciation

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Stephen Smith
The Sorcerer's Apprentice
on Jan 6, 2011 at 5:19:02 pm

I thought that The Sorcerer's Apprentice looked okay. To my surprise I felt it was really good. I'm not sure what it was, but it felt a lot like National Treasure (I loved the film). Maybe that is because it had the same Director and Star or because of the blending of facts we know with the story. If you didn't like NAtional Treasure then you might not like this film. I defiantly felt it was worth a dollar rental.

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Check out my Motion Training DVD

Check out my Motion Tutorials

Return to posts index

Scott Roberts
Re: The Sorcerer's Apprentice
on Jan 10, 2011 at 4:35:14 pm

I don't know if I trust Nicolas Cage enough anymore to even spend $1 on a rental of one off his movies (plus the $1 of gas money it would cost to drive to and from the Redbox, that's $2...!) I'd give this a chance once it starts playing on TV for free, because it does look slightly fun, and I like that Jay Baruchel guy (at least from Knocked Up and Undeclared).

But while talking about Nicolas Cage movies, his new movie, Season of the Witch, looks epically bad. I saw on Friday afternoon it had a 1% Rotten Tomatoes score! I believe, though, it has since regained all of its dignity and jumped to a respectable 5% over the last three days. Haha, I'm actually blown away that it made $10 million at the box office. All signs point to this movie being terrible, but still, people went to go see it, probably just because Cage is in it. I assume after a couple years and DVD sales, TV rights, etc, this will eventually make back the $40 million it cost. Probably just because people are attracted to Cage like he's an unintentionally funny clown in a carnival sideshow.

But wow, Cage is almost pulling of a Kevin Costner/Robin Hood level of not even trying based on this trailer. Droll guy with an American accent inserted into Medieval Europe. He probably just filmed this last year, but I wonder if Cage even remembers being involved in this project.

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="//www.youtube.com/v/i6QY5LOa6MM?fs=1&hl=en_US&color1=0xe1600f&color2=0xfebd01"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="//www.youtube.com/v/i6QY5LOa6MM?fs=1&hl=en_US&color1=0xe1600f&color2=0xfebd01" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
Re: The Sorcerer's Apprentice
on Jan 10, 2011 at 5:21:23 pm

I know some people who hate Nicolas Cage and every once in a while like him in a film. That is why I said I felt it was like National Treasure. If you hated that film then I think you will dislike The Sorcerer's Apprentice. I think the special effects in the film are cool, plus they have a fun element to them since it is rated PG I believe. There is something about Nicolas Cage that I just really like.

Sorry you don't have any red-boxes closer to your place. In Salt Lake they are everywhere. When I look up a DVD I have about 10 locations that are a minute to 4 minutes away, plus many of them do Blu-Rays as well.

Based on reading all of your movie reviews you may find it to be to much of a kids film. I happen to be a big fan of kids films so this is more up my ally I guess.

As for the Season of the Witch...I don't know who that film was made for but I don't think it is me. I'll pass.

Sir Bedevere: What makes you think she's a witch?
Peasant 3: Well, she turned me into a newt!
Sir Bedevere: A newt?
Peasant 3: [meekly after a long pause] ... I got better.
Crowd: [shouts] Burn her anyway!

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Check out my Motion Training DVD

Check out my Motion Tutorials

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]