FORUMS: list search recent posts

The Fighter

COW Forums : TV & Movie Appreciation

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Scott Roberts
The Fighter
on Dec 20, 2010 at 4:56:09 pm

Saw the new Mark Wahlberg/Christian Bale/Amy Adams/Melissa Leo boxing movie, The Fighter, over the weekend. I include all those actors because the film was basically just a non-stop barrage of good acting from those four people. Bale deserves an Oscar.

I was expecting a decent movie, but probably a forgettable one as well. So I was pleasantly surprised at how good it actually was. It is completely entertaining from start to finish. Not so much from the boxing though, but more so from the extremely uncomfortable positions that the main character's family is constantly putting him in. I probably liked The Fighter more than I should have, but I found myself curiously emotional towards the characters (which I wasn't expecting), and because of that it probably became one of my favorite movies of the year.

The trailer is misleading. I'd say The Fighter is 10x better than the trailer lets on (in my opinion the trailer doesn't make the movie look special, usually it's the other way around). It goes a few places you don't expect it to. I recommend it big time.

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="//www.youtube.com/v/71l-kIhJ5j8?fs=1&hl=en_US&color1=0x402061&color2=0x9461ca"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="//www.youtube.com/v/71l-kIhJ5j8?fs=1&hl=en_US&color1=0x402061&color2=0x9461ca" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

Return to posts index

Jeff Breuer
Re: The Fighter
on Jan 3, 2011 at 3:32:50 pm

I completely agree. Fantastic movie, great ensemble acting. You can give Bale the Oscar right now. Couldn't agree more.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]