FORUMS: list search recent posts

Inception Spoiler

COW Forums : TV & Movie Appreciation

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Stephen Smith
Inception Spoiler
on Dec 9, 2010 at 7:13:29 pm

If you have not seen Inception then don't read this.

I loved this movie a lot and caught one thing while watching it in the theater. Cobb was in limbo for a long time and we learn more and more about that as the film progresses. When he visits Saito in limbo Saito has physically aged because he was in limbo for a long time. So why it it when Cobb and his wife put their heads on the railroad tracks they don't look old? I figure they felt that would make things to confusing for people and decided to keep Cobb the same age so the audience could easily recognize him. Regardless, loved this movie a lot!

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Check out my Motion Training DVD

Check out my Motion Tutorials

Return to posts index

Scott Roberts
Re: Inception Spoiler
on Dec 9, 2010 at 8:36:51 pm

Well, when Cobb is talking to his projection of Mal near the end of the film in the dream level in Cobb's house (the scene right before all the kicks woke everybody up), Mal is upset that they never got a chance to grow old together. But then Cobb said they DID in fact grow old together, and they cut to a couple shots of them as old people wandering around their self-created world. Why they looked young when they killed themselves with the train I'm not really sure... Maybe it's just how Cobb chose to remember things, like he chose to always view Mal as his idea of how he liked her best (or based on how she looked the last time he saw her before she jumped off the ledge)? Either that or it's a flaw, OR more likely I'm just missing something, haha. This makes me want to watch it again to look for more clues!

But I figure Saito grew old in his limbo because he had died in that snowy James Bond dream a while before Cobb actually went into limbo to get him. Since the dreams multiply themselves in time the more levels deep you go, however long it took Cobb to finally enter limbo after Saito died, was actually like 50 years for Saito in his limbo...

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
on Dec 9, 2010 at 8:44:31 pm

Yeah I understand the time difference for Cobb and Saito, my only point was Cobb and his wife should have been old when they where on the train tracks, thats all. And I'll say it again, I loved that movie and it came in the mail yesterday and I can't wait to watch it again.

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Return to posts index

Scott Roberts
on Dec 9, 2010 at 8:54:06 pm

I'll stick with they DID grow old (at least Cobb claims they did, and they DO literally show them as old people all but for a few seconds), but Cobb just chooses not to remember it that way because he's delusional. Sort of how he's keeping his "perfect" projection of Mal prisoner in his mind. Ah jeez, now I've gotta watch it again this weekend! :)

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
on Dec 9, 2010 at 9:20:50 pm

I like your idea.

When I re-watch it I want to see if the kids at the end are wearing the exact same close. I also want to see if Cobb has his wedding ring on once he wakes up on the airplane. He always has his ring on in dreams.

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
Re: Any one with a Big TV
on Dec 13, 2010 at 5:28:28 pm

My TV is small and everyone here would laugh if they saw it. I was hoping someone with a big HD TV could look at the scene in Inception once Cobb wakes up on the plane and gets a paper from the flight attendant. You see his left hand holding the paper. Can you see his wedding ring? My TV is not cool enough to give me enough detail to determine if he does or doesn't or if you just can see that finger. It looked to me as if maybe he was wearing a wedding ring.

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]