FORUMS: list search recent posts

Secretariat

COW Forums : TV & Movie Appreciation

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Stephen Smith
Secretariat
on Dec 8, 2010 at 4:01:08 pm

I was able to see Secretariat a few weeks ago and really enjoyed it. I'm surprised it didn't make more money at the box office. I really liked the story and felt the cast did a great job with it. John Malkovich was great, he had all of the funny lines. My only complaint is that it was to long. They needed to cut 20 minutes out of this film. The had these really long scenes where the horses would go from where they where being held to the race track. The first time it really worked but after that they really could have cut them down. They where trying to build tension but it did the opposite for me. Also, I was a little distracted when the would cut to race track close ups and it was shot with a different camera. If felt like jumping from film to HD back to film. I'm sure I was the only one bugged by that in the theater. All in all I really liked the film and felt like it was worth my money to see.

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Check out my Motion Training DVD

Check out my Motion Tutorials

Return to posts index

Scott Roberts
Re: Secretariat
on Dec 8, 2010 at 4:59:38 pm

I knew this film existed from when I would go to the theater and see it on the marquee, but I don't recall seeing a single commercial or advertisement for it. That's weird, considering it has a few big name actors, was released by Disney, and has a fresh rating at Rotten Tomatoes... I watch a lot of non-DVR television (i.e. I'm exposed to plenty of commercials) and I don't remember seeing any push for this film. That just seems bizarre to me!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]