FORUMS: list search recent posts

Faster

COW Forums : TV & Movie Appreciation

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Scott Roberts
Faster
on Nov 29, 2010 at 5:44:59 pm

I saw Dwayne Johnson taking revenge on people over the weekend in Faster. Not that great of a movie. I wouldn't go as far as to say I hated it, but I definitely didn't like it.

I think Dwayne Johnson is made to be an action star, he does it well. I like him in this kind of role (it's better than The Tooth Fairy), but I just didn't like this particular movie. To his credit, he played a cold-blooded tough guy as good as he could have, given what he had to work with.

The movie itself is just... bleh... It's one of those movies you'll forget you even saw a month after you see it. A lot of it had to do with the pacing. For a movie called Faster it sure had some slow parts. Basically there was a cliche, philosophising assassin character hired to kill Dwayne (I'm resisting calling him The Rock) that could have been COMPLETELY written out of the movie and it would barely have effected the main plot of the film in any way. But he had like 20 minutes of screen time! So it was basically a 70 minute movie with a 20 minute extra fluff character added into it. And the extra character could not have been more uninteresting. Every time we had good momentum going from what Dwayne was doing, we hit a wall for 3 minutes to see what "super assassin" was up to... This extra character accomplished nothing by the end of the film, and had nothing significant to do with the actual ending of the film. He was in the room for the ending, but he didn't need to be... I'm sorry, it just seemed to me like this character wrecked the movie. He turned a mediocre movie into a forgettable one.

Still, I hope Dwayne Johnson does more action movies, and doesn't sign on for Tooth Fairy 2.

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="//www.youtube.com/v/Buf4_Crt27c?fs=1&hl=en_US&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="//www.youtube.com/v/Buf4_Crt27c?fs=1&hl=en_US&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
Re: Faster
on Nov 29, 2010 at 9:08:42 pm

I really, really liked him in "The Rundown". An under-rated film.

Return to posts index

Tim Wilson
Re: Faster
on Dec 1, 2010 at 8:29:21 pm

+1 for Rundown.

Frankly, I'll watch anything that has Dwayne in it. The only thing I couldn't get through was Get Smart, but I think of him as a sign that I'm going to at least have some fun. While I haven't seen The Tooth Fairy yet, I can recommend Escape From Witch Mountain. I was quite pleasantly surprised by this one. Seen it a couple of times now. Great cameo from Gary Marshall.

Tim Wilson
Associate Publisher, Editor-in-Chief
Creative COW Magazine

My Blog: "Is this thing on? Oh it's on!"

Don't forget to rate your favorite posts!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]