FORUMS: list search recent posts

Jackass 3D

COW Forums : TV & Movie Appreciation

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Scott Roberts
Jackass 3D
on Oct 18, 2010 at 3:50:50 pm

I don't even really know what to say here... Either you're into this kind of thing, or you're not. I was in high school when the Jackass TV show first aired, and to a 14 year old it was one of the funniest shows they could have put on television. Now over a decade has passed since they first got famous for their antics, and I'll be the first to admit I still laughed at about 75% of this movie. I'm not a big fan of innocent people getting hurt, but if these guys want to inflict pain on themselves in creative ways, with the full intention of making whoever watches it laugh, then I'm all for it. I get the feeling that even if no one wanted to watch, they would still do it anyway. But since it pulled in $50 million at the box office (only $13 million less than Inception did its first week), I think people still do like watching Johnny Knoxville get bitten in the butt by an attack dog, and run over by a buffalo. Again, myself included.

The 3D was actually pretty good, it was gimmicky for sure, but were you expecting subtle nuances in the cinematography of the Jackass movie? Overall it just added some neat depth to most of the shots, as they shot a lot of it in mountainous areas. So I got to look at well shot-3D backgrounds while a gentleman got a football kicked into his face from 5 feet away. I guess they didn't really need the 3D for what they were doing for the most part, but some of it was cool looking. The intro and the close were gorgeously shot though, with people getting hurt in ultra slow-motion 3D. I read that they used Phantom cameras that shot 1000 frames a second, which was what they also used for the opening sequence of Zombieland. The movie is naturally dumb, obviously (that's what they were going for), but it is shot well.

And there were at least two stunts that had me gagging from how gross they were. Naturally these stunts had the talent in the film actually vomiting everywhere. 3D vomit!

This is a really good 15 minute documentary about the making of Jackass 3D, they even go into how the 3D cameras work, and what it's like to shoot with them. I didn't think it would take a Jackass movie to teach me a thing or two about 3D cameras, but here we are...

There are a couple very brief shots of male nudity, and foul language throughout, plus it's kind of disgusting, so I will say it's definitely NSFW!

NSFW
NSFW
NSFW

<script src="http://www.vbs.tv/vbs_player.js?width=480&height=270&ec=hhNmdyMTr0R9HZRcSNMZg9NXZGXjyjQF&st=VBS%20Special&pl=http://www.vbs.tv/watch/vbs-special--2/jackass-3d-behind-the-scenes-2--2" type="text/javascript" charset="utf-8"></script>

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]