FORUMS: list search recent posts

Star Wars on Construction Paper

COW Forums : TV & Movie Appreciation

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Scott Roberts
Star Wars on Construction Paper
on Oct 8, 2010 at 3:16:36 pm

I'm sorry, I can't resist posting a good Star Wars tribute video here!

(you'll have to fight a few advertisements in this one though...)

<embed src="http://blip.tv/play/g8NYgoHVYgI" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="480" height="324" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed>

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
Re: Star Wars on Construction Paper
on Oct 8, 2010 at 4:10:13 pm

I saw this Star Wars tribute yesterday and liked it as well. Now to threadjack:

The JP Morgan commercial that played for me when I watched this just now was pretty exceptional as well: looking like it was all stop-motion animated paper scuplture, I expect it was mostly modeled in a 3D CGI program like Maya or something. Anybody know anything more about the commercial?

Return to posts index

Mike Cohen
on Oct 8, 2010 at 4:16:08 pm

It never ceases to amaze me that 30 years later people are still so inspired by Star Wars and creating new artforms.
Nicely done.

It is interesting that there is now a lot of live action/stop motion work being used in commercials. Stop motion has been around forever, yet it is strangely new again. Perhaps we have the DSLR to thank for that partially.

I am inspired...

Mike Cohen
Star Wars Geek

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Oct 8, 2010 at 4:54:45 pm

I gave my kids a used webcam and Boinx iStopmotion, and they love making animated things with their legos and toys. If I could figure out a good excu- er, I mean, IDEA, to shoot a stop-mo spot for work, I would totally go for it. But it takes a certain personality to be patient and meticulous enough to really pull this off.

Return to posts index

Mike Cohen
on Oct 8, 2010 at 5:35:55 pm

after my cousin did a stop motion Lego video in high school, I sat down one day and did one just to see what it would take - about 36 hours later I went to bed. It gets a bit slow at the end - this was before I discovered coffee.

I may regret this, but here it is:

Return to posts index

Scott Roberts
on Oct 8, 2010 at 5:53:31 pm

Haha, Mike, that was awesome. It almost felt like a Kubrick Lego movie in the first half with the sound effects, then took a turn for the great at the end! Job well done.

Here's my only contribution to the stop motion world, a poorly made summer school video from around 2002. Only took me about an hour (it shows), and I believe it's the only thing I've ever edited on iMovie. I like looking back on stuff like this from time to time to show myself how much I've learned since then!

I didn't even upload it correctly into Youtube, that's how bad it is, haha!

<object width="640" height="390"><param name="movie" value="//www.youtube.com/v/i2-i1mAhnFk&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="//www.youtube.com/v/i2-i1mAhnFk&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></embed></object>

Return to posts index

Mike Cohen
on Oct 8, 2010 at 6:02:45 pm

I edited mine on Premiere 6.5 - it was torture

Return to posts index

Mark Stuart
on Oct 8, 2010 at 8:40:27 pm

lol Mike! Looks great for the times and technology. 36 hours for that in those days ain't bad! Nice work,

Mark

Art is completely subjective. It's up to the viewer to judge whether or not it has merit. -Ken Danby

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]