Mark Suszko
What's wrong with Hollywood, exhibit # 97
on Oct 3, 2010 at 4:40:53 am

http://www.variety.com/article/VR1590001209.html?categoryid=13&cs=1

Return to posts index

Tim Wilson
Re: What's wrong with Hollywood, exhibit # 97
on Oct 3, 2010 at 4:17:01 pm

3D Abe Lincoln hunting vampires? Dude, are you kidding? That's everything RIGHT about Hollywood!

Return to posts index

David Johnson
on Oct 3, 2010 at 4:20:18 pm

Perhaps, but considering the Hollywood formula, I'm pretty sure I don't need to see a sex scene with Abe Lincoln, let alone in 3D.

Return to posts index

Tim Wilson
on Oct 3, 2010 at 5:36:00 pm

My favorite commercial of late. Abe's performance is amazing. Actually they both are. After watching it normally, watch twice more, keeping your eye on one performer at a time. Gen-you-wine craftsmanship.

And speaking of craftsmanship:

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Oct 4, 2010 at 2:21:39 pm

We're a tad sensitive about Abe in Springfield; he is to us what Mickey is to Disney.

I have long wanted to write and direct a film about a trip Abe took that changed his life. After he mustered out of the army from fighting in the Blackhawk War, Abe was going to ride a horse back to Springfield, but the horse got stolen, and Abe, out of cash, had to walk and hitch-hike the couple hundred miles back home.

The guy that accompanied him on that slow trip home talked a lot about the law and politics and by the time he got back to Illinois, Lincoln had decided to pursue a law degree. So in a sense we owe one of our greatest Presidents to a horse thief. Anyway, I would love to re-create that trip and that conversation... sort of a walking version of "My Dinner With Andre" perhaps.

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
on Oct 4, 2010 at 2:42:57 pm

So wait, I've never heard of this book / books. I looked it up on Amazon and there it is. I thought this was a joke and not real. Is this a popular book? I guess it must be. Counterfeiting money was a big problem during his time, that is why he set up the Secret Service. I hope he goes after a money counterfeiting vampire and kills two problems with one stone or ax I guess. :-)

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Check out my Motion Training DVD

Check out my Motion Tutorials

Return to posts index

Scott Roberts
on Oct 4, 2010 at 3:20:00 pm

I actually saw the Lincoln vampire book at Target and laughed at the cover/title, even opened it up and read a paragraph or two, it seemed like it was kinda funny in a ridiculous sort of way from what I read. I hope thats how they make it, just a dead serious drama, but with the laughable premise of Lincoln killing vampires. That or make it as outrageous as Black Dynamite (which featured the ghost of Lincoln!).

There as actually an episode of Starz's amazing show Party Down (which they just recently canceled after a great second season, the jerks), where the main character is trying to get a role in Edgar Allen Poe: Vampire Hunter as Poe's sidekick, Abraham Lincoln. So to be honest, I'm not put off by this idea at all (unless Tim Burton sticks his hand in it too much).

And Mark, I know that both Stephen Spielberg and Robert Redford both have upcoming (serious toned) Lincoln films coming out in the next couple years. So maybe the walk back to Springfield will be covered in some extent in one of them, because that really is a pretty neat story from his life.

Return to posts index

Mark Grossardt
on Oct 6, 2010 at 2:59:36 pm

Written by the same guy who wrote Pride and Prejudice and Zombies.

Mark Grossardt
Video Editor
Clark Creative Group

Return to posts index

Tim Wilson
on Oct 6, 2010 at 4:00:57 pm

[Mark Grossardt] "Written by the same guy who wrote Pride and Prejudice and Zombies."

I can't believe I missed that! In which case, my stock in the movie has gone up. Opening lines of Pride and Prejudice and Zombies:

It is a truth universally acknowledged that a zombie in posession of brains must be in want of more brains. Never was that truth more plain than during the recent attacks at Netherfield Park, in which a household of eighteen was slaughtered and consumed by a horde of the living dead.

'My dear Mr. Bennett,' said his lady to him one day, 'have you heard that Netherfield Park is occupied again?'

The pen-and-ink drawings in the book, very much in an appropriate style, are also priceless.

Since we're talking about Abraham Lincoln, and a movie property based on a book, and inspired by your observation, Mark, I went to check it out at Amazon. Lo and behold, a TRAILER for the BOOK!!! I've always thought that there should be more of this kind of thing. But check it out, and be sure to play it full screen. Use the pop-up to select up to 1080i. :-)

Tim Wilson
Associate Publisher, Editor-in-Chief
Creative COW Magazine

My Blog: "Is this thing on? Oh it's on!"

Don't forget to rate your favorite posts!

Return to posts index

Scott Roberts
on Oct 6, 2010 at 4:16:10 pm

Haha that trailer is awesome, reminds me of when George Washington was attacked by Hans Sprungfeld on the Simpsons.

I guess Pride and Prejudice and Zombies used to be in the works for a movie (starring Natalie Portman!), but I just read yesterday on /Film that it sadly isn't happening anymore:

http://www.slashfilm.com/2010/10/05/david-o-russell-wont-make-pride-and-pre...

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
on Oct 6, 2010 at 5:03:25 pm

Speaking of Abraham Lincoln, I watched the documentary Stealing Lincoln's Body on the History Channel and I thought that it was interesting. I really had no idea....well I can't say because it will ruin the documentary if you haven't seen it. It's worth the watch.

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Check out my Motion Training DVD

Check out my Motion Tutorials

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]