FORUMS: list search recent posts

Piranha 3D

COW Forums : TV & Movie Appreciation

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Scott Roberts
Piranha 3D
on Aug 21, 2010 at 9:38:46 pm

Just got back from Piranha 3D, which was actually pretty good for what it was. I was half and half on whether or not I wanted to go see it, but then a mysterious 82% on Rotten Tomatoes pushed me over the edge.

At the very least it's really fun for a horror movie. It might stem from a good cast of recognizable faces who don't seem like they are ashamed to be in the movie. Jerry O'Connell is funny as a spoof of the Girls Gone Wild sleazeball, Adam Scott is good as usual (go watch Party Down for further proof of that), and Elizabeth Shue gives an ample performance as well. Some of the young, no-name actors were not that great, but what are you gonna to do?

The 3D was better than some of the more laughable cases from this year, but worse than the best. But if you are really excited to see nudity in 3D, then this is the movie to invest the extra $3.50 in.

This movie basically achieves the three things it set out to do, and did them well:

1. Not waste any time getting to the fun, and kept it coming non-stop until the end.

2. Featured plenty of "neat" gore effects, lots of blood.

3. Throw in LOTS and LOTS of gratuitous nudity. Lots.

Perhaps the only things more gratuitous were the pleasantly welcomed cameos by the likes of Richard Dreyfuss and Christopher Lloyd!

The movie did kind of end on a lame note though... Overall, Piranha 3D is fun. Stupid good fun.

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
Re: Piranha 3D
on Aug 25, 2010 at 3:42:14 pm

Roger Corman has said that in his monster movies, he always tried to come up with a logical, rational reason for the monster's existence/behavior, feeling that that would drive the plot more realistically. "Realism", of course, being a relative term, as it IS Roger Corman we're talking about.:-)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]