FORUMS: list search recent posts

Annoying People + Movie Theaters

COW Forums : TV & Movie Appreciation

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Scott Roberts
Annoying People + Movie Theaters
on Aug 11, 2010 at 2:19:43 pm

As someone who goes to the theater all the time, I found this video hilarious and could relate to it far more than I want to. I've definitely fallen victim to the couple who makes a whole row move over, probably like 4 times in my life...

Sadly though, it stung a little bit, as in the past I have surely been the film nerd who talked about online reviews out loud...!

(caution: mild language)

<object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="640" height="360"><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true" /><param name="wmode" value="transparent" /><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" /><param name="movie" value="http://www.collegehumor.com/moogaloop/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=1939584&fullscreen=1" /><embed src="http://www.collegehumor.com/moogaloop/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=1939584&fullscreen=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="640" height="360" allowScriptAccess="always"></embed></object><div style="padding:5px0;text-align:center;width:640px;">See more <a href="http://www.collegehumor.com/videos">funny videos</a> and <a href="http://www.collegehumor.com/pictures">funny pictures</a> at <a href="http://www.collegehumor.com/">CollegeHumor</a>.</div>

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
Re: Annoying People + Movie Theaters
on Aug 11, 2010 at 2:25:25 pm

I have been lucking out lately in the movie times I pick: there's hardly 20 people in the whole place when we go, and 2 weeks ago for Toy Story 3, we had the theatre all to ourselves for the show time we picked.

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
on Aug 11, 2010 at 3:27:43 pm

I like to go to the earliest showing to avoid the crowds and pay the least amount of money. When I watched Salt I ended up behind an old couple who kept asking...."Who is that?" during the flashback scenes. Considering it was always her husband in the flash back scenes and looked no different then he did in the other flashbacks other then his close. It got really annoying. I thought it would be funny if I told them that they should go to an easier to follow movie like Inception, but I didn't. We moved to another row half way during the movie.

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Check out my Motion Training DVD

Check out my Motion Tutorials

Return to posts index

Scott Roberts
on Aug 11, 2010 at 3:44:58 pm

Haha, I've definitely experienced the wrath of the very old people in the movie theater. I normally like to go to the theater between noon and 3 on Saturdays, but occasionally circumstances will force me to see a movie on Friday night (usually always a terrible experience like in the video), but if you I go the extreme other direction, and see a movie at like 11 AM on a Sunday, it once again becomes crowded, but it's 99% elderly folk!

Not to rip on the senior citizens too much, but my two biggest annoyances with them is that sometimes they fall asleep during the movie and literally start snoring (though usually the spouse wakes them up after a minute or two), and they usually don't have much volume control on their voices, so when they think they are whispering they are actually just talking at full volume.

Husband - "I THINK I HAVE TO GO TO THE BATHROOM"
Wife - "THEN GO, THEN GO!"

Always followed afterwards by the "fill me in on what happened while I was gone" talk. Gotta love that...

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
on Aug 11, 2010 at 4:05:00 pm

My favorite was during Mission Impossible 2. Remember how you are supposed to think Tom Cruise is being shot to death at the end only to find out once his mask is ripped off (which was done a million times in the movie) he was really the bad guys right hand man. Seriously, who didn't see that coming. The person behind me. Freaked out that they shot Tom Cruise, then when the mask was yanked off she gasped. Thank goodness! I tried so hard not to laugh.

Another time I remember seeing a movie with a library scene and some one said, "look, there are a lot of books." I thought really, in a library?

To bad those great comments are not included as commentary on the DVD.

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Check out my Motion Training DVD

Check out my Motion Tutorials

Return to posts index

Scott Roberts
on Aug 11, 2010 at 4:30:30 pm

I remember when I saw Signs in a packed movie theater years ago, during that one scene when they flashback to when Mel Gibson's wife got in that car accident, the woman next to me started sobbing uncontrollably! A character that had just been introduced in that scene caused this woman to lose it. I'm sure it related to something personal in her life or something, but all I know is that for a good 5 minutes I could not focus on the movie because this woman I was sharing an armrest with was very loudly crying. She eventually left the movie after a few minutes and didn't come back, but wow, that was uncomfortable to sit next to! I felt pretty bad for her, but at the same time, it came out of nowhere and was super awkward.

Return to posts index

Mike Cohen
on Aug 11, 2010 at 4:50:53 pm

I almost never go to the theater because of the following:

1. Wherever I sit, usually in the middle of a row mid-way back, a small army of people sits either directly in front of or behind me, and they are noisy (whispering, eating, crying etc)

2. Babies - seriously, who brings a baby to a movie? I'm talking about a crying baby

3. Noisy eating - wrappers, popcorn crunching, ice shaking, straw slurping. They should only sell soft non-crunchy food

4. Smells and sticky floors - if want a sticky floor I will go to a fast food restaurant

5. Cell phones ringing - happens almost every time - at Inception, a guy in front of me was texting his girlfriend to help her find the seats he was holding, but he wound up standing and waving his phone in the air

6. Fundraising - they used to do this all the time - they show a sad short film about a particular charity, then the lights come on and two kids with coin boxes walk up and down the aisles. I'm all for giving to charity, but not after I have paid to sit in the theater and watch a movie

Ok, got that off my chest.

Mike Cohen

Return to posts index

Louis McLellan
on Aug 12, 2010 at 12:32:00 am

I took a date to see Revenge of the Sith, and two guys behind us were going off on how somethings weren't in the extended universe, or how something would never happen in one of the novels. My date had enough, turned around and told them "Unless you fly an X-wing on the weekend either STFU or move!". the rest of the movie they did not say a word. While i did feel bad for them, I tried my best not to laugh.

Editor, Sound Designer, Stop-Motion Animator, Lighting, and Pack Mule

Return to posts index

Bob Cole
on Aug 25, 2010 at 2:59:24 am

[Louis McLellan] "I took a date to see Revenge of the Sith"

How'd the rest of the evening go?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]