FORUMS: list search recent posts

Cross converting mp4 to mxf then outputting to xdcam disk

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM Optical Disc & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dale West
Cross converting mp4 to mxf then outputting to xdcam disk
on May 5, 2017 at 10:41:30 am

So here is something Im having an issue with: Client requires ALL shot material is delivered to them on xdccm disk. Don't have a problem with that. Its a pretty good long term storage problem solved. I shoot and F-55 and transfer the files to disk using Catalyst Browse and a U-1. Easy enough. My biggest issue is that aux cameras have to be delivered on disk as well. GoPros etc all have to be on disk. So got to thinking. CB does cross conversion. Why not convert the mp4 files to mxf and then just drop them on the disk using CB. It goes through the process using the export function but does not show the clips on the disk when the process shows finished. Im using a mac book pro. In testing, my friend, using a PC was able to get it done. Anyone else try this and succeed on a mac? Would love the know the steps before I go out and buy (gag) a pc just to manage this function. Just to put the breaks on it early: There is NO WAY they are changing their deliverable scheme and frankly I agree with it.

Dale West Video
North Miami, FL
305-588-2683
dale@dalewestvideo.tv

Return to posts index

J Gary Brown
Re: Cross converting mp4 to mxf then outputting to xdcam disk
on May 15, 2017 at 2:07:18 pm

Have you tried exporting the files to your hard drive then dragging them into the "Clips" folder? I had the same problem exporting from Premiere Pro CC.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]