FORUMS: list search recent posts

Sony ODS-D77U cartridge not mounting

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM Optical Disc & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Trey Leitko
Sony ODS-D77U cartridge not mounting
on Feb 20, 2017 at 4:00:40 pm
Last Edited By Trey Leitko on Feb 23, 2017 at 4:09:03 pm

I have been using the Sony ODS-D77U to archive our media files for a few months now. Today when I put a cartridge in my Mac OS(10.12.3) give me a message: "The disk you inserted was not readable by this computer." with three options "Initialize", "Ignore" and "Eject". All these options result in the carriage not mounting as a drive like normal, even if i Initialize and run first aid through the disk utility.

I have not tried to access a carriage for at least a month. Since that time I have updated the OS to Sierra. This might be an issue. I checked the driver and it is up to date, as well as Content Manager. Any Ideas?

Return to posts index

Trey Leitko
Re: Sony ODS-D77U cartridge not mounting
on Feb 23, 2017 at 4:09:46 pm

Update.

After contacting Sony Pro phone support I have confirmed several things.

1) macOS Sierra (v10.12.3) is not supported by the current Optical Disc Archive software version which includes the Optical Disc Archive Utility(v4.0.1) and ODS firmware(v1.670).

2) The Sony tech said an Optical Disc Archive software update is scheduled to be released this month(February)

3) The Sony tech also said the data stored on the cartridges should be fine but I won’t be able to access it until the new Optical Disc Archive software update is installed. I might be able to revert OS, but if the new ODA software update is slated for release this month I’d rather wait and avoid the headache.

I will admit, I should have followed conventional protocol when it comes to updating OS: Check all hardware drivers and software for new OS support before updating. And/or, at the least, wait a full six months after the initial new OS version’s release before updating. Like most editors, I was taught that early on by wise tech folk. Should have headed that warning on this.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]