FORUMS: list search recent posts

Subclip XDCAM disks on a PC

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM Optical Disc & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mitch Jordan
Subclip XDCAM disks on a PC
on May 26, 2016 at 2:54:39 pm

Our shop is moving from Macs to PCs, so I'm looking to replace the workflow that we've used with XDCAM Transfer on the Mac. Does anyone know a good way to subclip your clips on an XDCAM Optical Disk on a PC?

Return to posts index

Ian Cook
Re: Subclip XDCAM disks on a PC
on May 26, 2016 at 5:39:04 pm

Do you want to make entirely new clips from marked/sub-clipped regions or do you want to create sub-clips as you are importing? Also, what editor are you going to be using when you switch to the Windows platform?

The main reason for using XDCAM Transfer was to rewrap .mxf and .mp4 to .mov. Creating multiple .mov sub-clips is a feature of this workflow. FCP X supports .mxf files natively now, so there's no need for an intermediate file re-wrapper.

If what you want to do is trim master clips prior to your edit so you are only importing what you need into your project, you can use Content Browser or any of the Catalyst applications to to make sub clips and trims.

Return to posts index

Mitch Jordan
Re: Subclip XDCAM disks on a PC
on May 26, 2016 at 6:10:18 pm

I'm looking to create sub-clips as I'm importing, and then we'll be editing on Adobe Premiere CC. Our workflow is that we get a master clip that is about 20 minutes long, and we sub-clip about 50-60 clips from the master. It worked well on XDCAM Transfer on the Mac, but I'm having trouble duplicating the feat on Content Browser or Catalyst Prepare. The best I've done is to mark each sub-clip one at a time in Content Browser, then drag the clip each time between the Explorer windows to make each sub-clip.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]