FORUMS: list search recent posts

Content Browser and locked MXF files

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM Optical Disc & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tim Kolb
Content Browser and locked MXF files
on Jul 9, 2015 at 7:43:20 pm

I'm using a Mac at work with Adobe CS6. We have both 35Mbit/s mp4 files and 50 Mbit/s MXF files in our ecosystem. We record the 50 Mbit MXF files on SxS cards formatted UDF, and the 35 Mbit mp4 files are usually recorded on SDHC card adapters formatted FAT.

For some reason, the MXF files on the SxS cards always show as locked in Content Browser…we can't even transfer them. These same files move without issue in Adobe Prelude CS6. The card is not write-protected and the file setting in the camera is set to leave the files unlocked...It makes absolutely no sense.

We've scratched our heads and scoured around for some insight into the issue and had no luck.

Does anyone have any insight into this? It's kind of annoying as Prelude takes much, much longer to transfer the files vs Content Browser, so it definitely slows things down…

Thanks in advance.

TimK,
Director, Consultant
Video Producer at I-CAR

Return to posts index

Ian Cook
Re: Content Browser and locked MXF files
on Jul 9, 2015 at 10:16:28 pm

You need the SxS UDF driver. Without it the files are locked and the cards will be read-only. http://www.sonycreativesoftware.com/sxsudfdriver

Return to posts index

Tim Kolb
on Jul 10, 2015 at 1:53:50 am

Thanks for the link.

There seems to be very little info on this in any Sony help files or user docs...

TimK,
Director, Consultant
Video Producer at I-CAR

Return to posts index

Tim Kolb
on Jul 10, 2015 at 7:42:58 pm

Ah…I now realize I even placed this question in the incorrect forum…I don't know if an Admin type can slide the thread over to the 'EX-Related' forum?

After all this, it is funny that the Sony software requires a driver…and a 4 year old copy of Adobe Prelude doesn't...

TimK,
Director, Consultant
Video Producer at I-CAR

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]