FORUMS: list search recent posts

Upgrade lost images

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM Optical Disc & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mark Frazier
Upgrade lost images
on May 11, 2015 at 3:47:27 pm

I recently upgraded my Mac Pro from OS 10.6.3 to 10.8.5 (and got the newest driver for the PDW-U1 and latest XDCam Transfer version,) and now the images don't show up in XDCam Transfer - the image boxes are all grayed out. I can click on a box and the file shows up in the logging window, so it's somewhat still usable, but life would be much better with the preview images.

Any ideas on how to get the software back to full functionality?

Thanks in advance!
Mark

Return to posts index

Ian Cook
Re: Upgrade lost images
on May 11, 2015 at 10:12:46 pm

you are running Transfer v 2.13? And XDCAM driver v 5.02? pls confirm. also, do you get a 'thumbnails could not be generated' error when starting Transfer?

Return to posts index

Mark Frazier
on May 12, 2015 at 1:12:14 pm

Ian, those are the versions I'm running.

I don't get any error messages when starting Transfer. The thumbnails are just not there, only empty gray boxes where the thumbnails should be.

Since I'm running OS 10.8.5, do I need to be using an older version of Transfer?

Thanks!
Mark

Return to posts index

Ian Cook
on May 21, 2015 at 8:52:25 pm

Try clearing the cache and deleting the database. 2.13 should be ok on 10.8.5. Note that when you delete the database you will lose any offline sources/proxies. You can move it temporarily instead of deleting it outright to see if this fixes the issue. When Transfer does not see an SQL database in the right location it will automatically create a new one.

First clear the cache-- from XDCAM Transfer--> XDCAM Transfer menu-->Prefs-->Cache-->CLEAR

Then close the application and delete/move the database. Default location is User/Library/Application Support/Sony XDCAM Transfer/Databases. Inside 'Databases' you'll see an SQL file. Delete or temporarily move this file.

Reopen transfer and point it at a source. Any change?

Return to posts index

Mark Frazier
on May 26, 2015 at 2:13:41 pm

Ian,

I followed your directions; still just gray boxes.

Then I removed the entire XDCam folder from the Application Support location and let the program rebuild it. Still just gray boxes.

What's next?

Return to posts index

Ian Cook
on May 26, 2015 at 6:42:15 pm

are the files otherwise behaving normally? can you check the basic functionality using Content Browser?

also are you sure you only upgraded to 10.8.5 and not 10.10? Transfer is not supported under 10.0. also the issue you mention was something we saw with older versions under Snow Leopard (10.6). 2.13 corrected this. please be certain you are running 2.13.

Return to posts index

Mark Frazier
on May 26, 2015 at 7:13:54 pm
Last Edited By Mark Frazier on May 26, 2015 at 7:17:51 pm

Running OS 10.8.5; Transfer 2.13.0

I can still log and export footage as I used to, I just can't see the clips in the Image mode. I have to click on the files in the list (or click on a gray box and see what shows up in the preview window.)

I can't check functionality with Content Browser since I don't have that software.

Frustrating, so say the least.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]