FORUMS: list search recent posts

Getting files from PDW700 into new iMac/Yosemite

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM Optical Disc & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jay Kuntz
Getting files from PDW700 into new iMac/Yosemite
on Mar 16, 2015 at 6:59:23 pm

I am just getting up to speed with iMac with Yosemite 10.10.2. I am looking for a way to connect PDW700 via fire wire/thunderbolt to import files into computer. I have the adapters for FW-TB and the camera displays "PC REMOTE!" However, I do not see the optical disc drive anywhere on my iMac.

Is their a plug in? Does Sony have a solution? Is their a pathway thru FCP to import?

I would think this should be an easy workflow but then I realize that their are seldom plug/play solutions with video.

J

J

Return to posts index

Jay Kuntz
Re: Getting files from PDW700 into new iMac/Yosemite
on Mar 17, 2015 at 2:09:39 pm

Am I missing something?
This download seems to be specifically for the PDW U1&2 devices. It works for DISCS from a PDW700.
What I want to do is directly connect the PDW700 camcorder to the computer for TX.

J

Return to posts index

Javi Rodríguez
on Apr 19, 2015 at 10:36:07 pm

HEY!! Jay Kuntz!! In the end find the solution? I have the same problem, my mac with the new update of yosemite not mount XDCAM discs on my computer.

Return to posts index

Jay Kuntz
on Apr 20, 2015 at 12:13:17 pm

Javi,
Thanks for your response.
Unfortunately my ignorance in Spanish prevents me from understanding the screen shots you posted. With iMac and Yosemite I cant even get the computer to recognize a connection to the camera. Your screen shot appears to be from a Mac Pro and at least displays a connection to the drive...I think.
Have you found a solution?
Thanks again

J

J

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]