FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCPX and Compressor export to PDW-U1

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM Optical Disc & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Gustavo Seabra
FCPX and Compressor export to PDW-U1
on Mar 11, 2015 at 1:48:02 pm

Hi, these are my steps to copy a mxf file into pdw-u1 optical disc for broadcast delivery:

- Export a prores master from FCPX with 4 audio channel
- Convert to mxf in compressor

As a result i have an identical MXF as if i have done directly from FCP7, but i just can't copy the mxf to the clip folder on optical disc. It fails everytime "The opration can't be completed because an unexpected error occurred (error code -50)".

I have the latest FCPX, compressor and i'm on yosemite. Anyone could help? Thanks.

Return to posts index

Ian Cook
Re: FCPX and Compressor export to PDW-U1
on Mar 11, 2015 at 4:11:44 pm

if you have the latest FCP as well as the Pro Video Formats 2.0 update you can export right from FCP unless you need a frame rate/operating point that isn't among the first round of presets. Is .mxf available as a Share option?

Return to posts index

Gustavo Seabra
on Mar 11, 2015 at 4:52:44 pm

Yes, it is avaible. The problem is i can't export a mxf 4 audio channel directly from FCPX. I have to do this in prores to get the 4 audio channel as roles. Thats why i need the compressor.

But i think i figured out. Aparently its an issue with the output filename. By apple default you have a really long filename. I just shortened and worked. But i yet have to see if the broadcast network is gonna acept the disc.

Thank you Ian.

Return to posts index

Ian Cook
on Mar 11, 2015 at 5:18:47 pm

You can do this with audio roles in FCP X and then you will have 4 or 8 mono channels in the export. Please let me know if you can't get this working.

Return to posts index

Max Polley
on Mar 23, 2015 at 1:56:49 am

Hi Ian.
My issue is similar to everyone else's; I'm trying to export from FCPX to my XD disc via PDW-F800 camera and having no luck...despite this working in the old days of FCP7. What's happening is FCPX share monitor is saying that it's sharing out to the "clip" folder i've selected on my camera drive but when i check the disc..there's nothing there. I've also tried exporting via Content Browser exporter which gives me an error message. I have tried through Compressor, 25i and 25P versions of 422 1920 x 1080, the straight up XDCAM settings and no luck to date. FAM driver is up to date. Any ideas?
Thanks,
Max

Return to posts index

Ian Cook
on Mar 23, 2015 at 8:26:15 pm

can you export locally and then copy to /clip? i have this working here using FCPX 10.1.4 and the ProVideo formats 2.0 update. make sure you aren't violating any of the operational points (free naming should be ON on the XD device, file needs to be 50 Mb 422 with 8 24 bit audio channels, .mxf wrapper..)

Return to posts index

Max Polley
on Mar 24, 2015 at 10:25:26 pm

Hi Ian...Got there finally. i can't export direct to the 800 but can export to desktop then "open with" Content browser exporter which then sees the camera and burns to disc. Thanks for your time.
Max

Return to posts index

Ian Cook
on Mar 25, 2015 at 3:33:06 pm

This is even with 10.1.4 and Pro Video Formats 2.0? The Content Browser Exporter is used mainly to rewrap an .mov to an .mxf. You had to set an 'open with ' action so that the exported .mov would be handled correctly. This was before FCP could import/export .mxf natively.

Return to posts index

Max Polley
on Mar 25, 2015 at 11:20:43 pm

Thanks Ian. Finally got there. The issue was that i did NOT have "free naming" of clips enabled on my PDW800 camera (page A50 in the menu) After that dragging and dropping an .MXF outputted from FCPX straight into the clip folder in finder was a breeze.
Thanks for your patience.
Max

Return to posts index

Max Polley
on Mar 25, 2015 at 12:53:02 am

Oh no. Ian help! This is my new error message when trying to burn back to optical disc via my 800 from Content browser exporter

Return to posts index

Max Polley
on Mar 25, 2015 at 12:54:25 am

Oh no. Ian help! This is my new error message when trying to burn back to optical disc via my 800 from Content browser exporter

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]