FORUMS: list search recent posts

XDCam "Closing the file failed" error

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM Optical Disc & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Richard Browne
XDCam "Closing the file failed" error
on Jan 15, 2015 at 12:51:27 pm

Good afternoon you knowledgeable folk,

I've been trying to Export to Device from Avid MC 6.5.4, onto a Prodisc via a PDW-U1 (Firmware 2.600, Driver 5.0.2, and Firmware 2.5.4, Driver 4.x.x). I'm trying to export an hour+ event to a 23GB ProDisc at 17.5MB/s with 16bit audio.

The system errors out about two thirds of the way through the process on the avid progress bar, with no file written to disc. On checking the Sony Driver Alarm Log, it returns an error stating:

"Closing the file failed. Handle: 0x00000016 Error: -3"

I've tried reinstalling and updating firmware and driver but this hasn't helped. Have any of you good folk encountered this before?

Kind regards,
Richard

Edit: Camera: Live:
3 x MC6 MojoDX 3 x EX1 1 x BMD Atem 2ME
2 x HPZ800 3 x BRCZ700 1 x BMD TVS
1 x HPxw8600 2 x HVR 1A 2 x Anycast A500

Return to posts index

Ian Cook
Re: XDCam "Closing the file failed" error
on Jan 15, 2015 at 6:11:56 pm

'Closing File Failed' means the write started and then failed verification. This will happen if the file is not encoded correctly or if you get one of the operating points wrong (audio bit rate etc). Make sure you are exporting 18/35 with 2 or 4 channels of 16 bit audio and 50 Mb with 8 channels of 24 bit audio. You can also try a regular export and then see if the file can be manually copied to the CLIP folder on the disc. Export-->Options-->MXF Op1A. Also we'd recommend updating the U1 to V 5. http://www.sonycreativesoftware.com/xdcamdrive

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]