FORUMS: list search recent posts

Content Browser 2 - Ian Cook

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM Optical Disc & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Andy Edwards
Content Browser 2 - Ian Cook
on Dec 13, 2014 at 2:49:39 am

Hi Ian,

Looking for some guidance on one of our edit bay setups. We recently upgraded some older Mac Pro towers (5,1) to Mavericks 10.9.5 and Adobe CC 2014.1. The towers have BMD Decklink Studio cards installed as well. I purchased a copy of Content Browser 2 for one of the bays loading in XDCAM disc based media. Once it was installed, I put one of the XDCAM discs into our PDW-U1 reader. The disc mounts on the desktop, but when I launch Content Browser, nothing shows up when I select the XDCAM disc. I tried going directly through Media Browser in Premiere, but when I path to the XDCAM disc, the media just shows up as a exe file icon and says processing. The system just hangs when trying to load the footage. I even tried copying the entire XDCAM folder structure to our SAN, but the footage shows up the same once it's off the disc.

We've got a weekly show being edited off the XDCAM media, so we are dead in the water right now not being able to get any new media into the edit system with the new Mavericks updates. We do have one older machine with XDCAM Transfer, but I'd like to get the right software to put on the new Mavericks based machines.

Does our PDW-U1 need a firmware update to handle the XDCAM files under Mavericks?
Does Content Browser load any codecs for the XDCAM files to be seen properly in Premiere?
What can I purchase or update to allow us to get XDCAM media onto the Mavericks based edit bays?

Appreciate any help.

Thanks,
Andy Edwards

Return to posts index

Dean Neal
Re: Content Browser 2 - Ian Cook
on Dec 13, 2014 at 5:15:58 am

I run it fine under Yosemite.

Have you installed all the latest updates to Sony's (FAM) drive Software?

I would suggest you do that, first.

Dean Neal...

Return to posts index

Andy Edwards
on Dec 13, 2014 at 8:33:19 pm

Thanks Dean. Not sure what version of the FAM driver was on the machine. I'll see about updating the driver and have the editor do a test with the content browser.

Andy

Return to posts index

Ian Cook
on Dec 15, 2014 at 3:44:50 pm

Do you have the U1/U2 driver and utility installed? Without it the discs will mount but with a different, usually hidden, folder structure (only the ProAV and General folders). All the codecs and video formats are supported in CC and the codecs typically come from the editor. Please check this; I suspect it is the problem.

Return to posts index

Andy Edwards
on Dec 15, 2014 at 4:53:20 pm

Is that the same as the FAM driver Dean Mentioned? Or a separate utility?

Return to posts index

Ian Cook
on Dec 15, 2014 at 4:58:26 pm

no, totally different driver... http://www.sonycreativesoftware.com/xdcamdrive

Return to posts index

Andy Edwards
on Dec 15, 2014 at 5:14:24 pm

Ok, will make sure the editor downloads and tests. Will report back if we are still having issues. Appreciate your help.

Andy

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]