Bad Sector, maybe?

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM Optical Disc & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Richard Browne
Bad Sector, maybe?
on Nov 5, 2014 at 1:55:39 pm
Last Edited By Richard Browne on Nov 5, 2014 at 2:08:24 pm

Hi folks,

I've come back to an archive disc to discover one particular programme seems to be corrupted.

I've mastered from Avid Media Composer to ProDisc MXF 50MB/s. I'm trying to retrieve the MXF to send on to someone but everytime I try to use Content Browser, it errors out reporting that I may not have permission to write the file. I've released the overwrite tab on the disc and still the same error.

I've tried AMA linking into Avid to transcode across but Avid, during the transcode, just stops about half way through.

The depressing part I've noticed is that on trying to play the AMA clip, a little over halfway through I get an error in the Source monitor saying "Disc_EOF"

I have managed to transcode a different file of similar duration off the same disc succesfully.

Any ideas what may be causing this or, more importantly, how to retrieve the file?

Cheers
Richard

Edit: Camera: Live:
3 x MC6 MojoDX 3 x EX1 1 x BMD Atem 2ME
2 x HPZ800 3 x BRCZ700 1 x BMD TVS
1 x HPxw8600 2 x HVR 1A 2 x Anycast A500

Return to posts index

Ian Cook
Re: Bad Sector, maybe?
on Nov 5, 2014 at 3:38:33 pm

Are you able to manually drag it from/CLIP to the desktop or do you still get a permission error? If you are using a PDW/U1/U2 are the driver and firmware up to date? Do you have an XDCAM deck or camcorder? If so, does the file play past the bad section? I can take a look at it if need be. Please call this into support and they will make arrangements to get the disc from you if we have to go that route.

Return to posts index

Richard Browne
Re: Bad Sector, maybe?
on Nov 5, 2014 at 4:37:27 pm

Thanks for the reply, Ian.

In response to your questions:

Are you able to manually drag it from/CLIP to the desktop or do you still get a permission error? I don't get a permissions error, instead I get the following:

If you are using a PDW/U1/U2 are the driver and firmware up to date? On Driver Version 4.0.2, Firmware 2.540

Do you have an XDCAM deck or camcorder? Unfortunately we just have the two U1 decks.

Cheers
Richard

Edit: Camera: Live:
3 x MC6 MojoDX 3 x EX1 1 x BMD Atem 2ME
2 x HPZ800 3 x BRCZ700 1 x BMD TVS
1 x HPxw8600 2 x HVR 1A 2 x Anycast A500

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]