FORUMS: list search recent posts

Sony PXW-X70 XAVC files cannot be 'seen' by Vegas Pro 12

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM Optical Disc & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chris Drage
Sony PXW-X70 XAVC files cannot be 'seen' by Vegas Pro 12
on Oct 2, 2014 at 8:58:37 pm

I have purchased a Sony PXW-X70 which as far as I can see performs very well indeed with the test footage I have shot. But how do you get the XAVC quality footage into Vegas Pro 12? (I am familiar with the concept of working with proxy files in the edit and expecting VP12 to render from the orgiginal footage. However, my PC 'sees' the PXW-X70 when it is plugged in as a pair of Win 7 files: 'AVF-INF' and 'PRIVATE': when I open Device Explorer (as suggested by VP12 HELP) it cannot see any 'device'. Anyone any ideas on this one?

Just to add fuel to the fire; this is what I found on the UK SCS website:

"It's just as easy to work with XAVC and XAVCS footage in Vegas Pro 12 as it is to work with any other footage. First, you need to pull you video clips off of the camera and into your project. To do so, connect your camera or card reader to your computer via a USB connection and then choose 'View / Device Explorer'. Your camera or reader appears in the Device Explorer's device list. Click to select the device and the thumbnails of the clips on your card appear. "

Trouble is...it doesn't!

Return to posts index

Ian Cook
Re: Sony PXW-X70 XAVC files cannot be 'seen' by Vegas Pro 12
on Oct 2, 2014 at 9:26:27 pm

if you right click in the Device Explorer and select 'Browse' are you able to navigate to the files? How about the XAVC?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]