FORUMS: list search recent posts

Writing to XDCAM via Windows Explorer

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM Optical Disc & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
James Anderson
Writing to XDCAM via Windows Explorer
on Feb 7, 2014 at 8:19:23 pm

Hello,

I’m trying to write to an XDCAM disc using my PC without going through an editing software like Avid or FCP. I have a small MXF file in a Sony XAVC codec saved to my desktop. I then connected the PDW-U2 deck with a blank, formatted, Sony XDCAM 23GB disc inserted into the drive. I attempted to copy the MXF file straight to the Clip folder on the disc, and got an error. I also attempted to use Content Browser 2.2 by importing the file (thus creating a disc image), and copying into the Clip folder. Again, no luck.

I’m logged in as an administrator, but the error message tells me that I “require permission from Everyone to perform this action.”

I’m using the U2 deck, with driver version 4.0.1, firmware version 2.320 on a Windows 7 machine via a USB 2.0 connection.

Any ideas what could be causing the problem?

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Ian Cook
Re: Writing to XDCAM via Windows Explorer
on Feb 7, 2014 at 9:29:50 pm

You can't write XAVC footage to the /CLIP folder. This is reserved for XDCAM clips. You can save it as generic data in the /User Data folder.

Return to posts index

Jim Lepp
Re: Writing to XDCAM via Windows Explorer
on Jun 14, 2017 at 5:19:42 pm

My colleagues and I are noticing this "permission from everyone" error more and more lately. My work-around was to use Media Encoder to re-wrap the .mxf file that you want to put to disk as an .mxf file with identical settings in Media Encoder. Not sure why it worked, but it worked.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]