FORUMS: list search recent posts

Upgrading from Avid 6.5.3 to 7.0.2 - Sony AMA problem - F5

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM Optical Disc & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Eric James
Upgrading from Avid 6.5.3 to 7.0.2 - Sony AMA problem - F5
on Dec 5, 2013 at 2:34:59 am

Hi,

Today I tried to upgrade to MC 7.0.2 with the Symphony option from Symphony 6.5.3. I uninstalled 6.5.3 and all the AMA plugins first then installed 7.0.2 and Sony AMA plugin PDZK-MA2_3_21_win_en. When I opened a previously finished project I was unable to open any previously AMA linked F5 files. These would have been previously loaded as Link to AMA Volume.

Avid still sees the file path which is ZOOMMEDIA01nearlinestorageFootageNov 28F5 CardXDROOT and it can "reveal file" and open it in Windows Explorer, but if I try to load it into my window Avid says "Exception: A serious error has occured! It is recommended that you restart the application immediately!".

Now I can load the footage in question a second time via AMA Link and it works, though by default I can't easily access the network in the AMA Link window. Sometimes that network share shows up in the AMA Link under my computer and sometimes it doesn't, and you can't type in the address... (you might have noticed the file path didn't have a drive letter attached to it, which is how we do things so the footage also behaves nicely in CatDV.)

Also, this isn't an issue with Quicktime files, only with F5 footage.

Anyway, if anyone knows why my F5 footage that was loaded in 6.5.3 won't show up in 7.0.2, or has a way to make it work, that would be super!

Even you know a way to make the AMA link window work like the normal Import window so I can access my NAS, that would be great too.

Thanks,

Eric

ps I did "alldrives" in console. And I can't "Relink to AMA Files" for the files that are offline. Also, they load as black video and no audio instead of as "media offline". I think it's because the Sony AMA plugin is seeing the file differently, because when I went back to 6.5.3, footage I loaded via AMA Link in 7.0.2 says wrong format when I load it (it doesn't load). And I noticed the video column in my Avid bin was slightly different between the two. XAVC Intra HD 100Mbs vs XAVC Intra (1080p) or something like that, even though they are the same files.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]