FORUMS: list search recent posts

"Memory full"

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM Optical Disc & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mitch Jordan
"Memory full"
on Sep 9, 2013 at 9:44:41 pm

We have 2 Sony PDW-F355 cameras, and I'm having trouble with one of them. When I insert some disks, the blue "access" light stays lit and the camera locks up. Sometimes, I see "Memory full" on the LCD screen. Does anyone know the cause and fix for this problem? I tried putting the same disk in the other camera, and it loads and records fine. The disk has plenty of space still available on it.

Return to posts index

Mitch Jordan
Re: "Memory full"
on Sep 10, 2013 at 12:19:03 am

A little more info- this happens with disks where we used Content Browser to copy clips from SxS cards shot on a PMW-200 to XDCAM disk. The clips were shot on the same 420 format as our PDW-F355 (not 422). I thought that was the point of the new cameras- that the files are compatible with the disk cameras.

In the U-1, I get an error message that says there is a malformed disk image. Am I doing something wrong here?

Return to posts index

Ian Cook
on Sep 10, 2013 at 1:50:45 pm

As far as the U2 make sure the driver and firmware are up to date-- current driver is 4.03 and current firmware is 2.3.2.

The 'mem full' alarm usually refers to a brief condition of the internal record buffer. Do you see this symptom when recording or playing back on the 355, before you copy PMW200 clips over to the disc?

Return to posts index

Mitch Jordan
on Sep 10, 2013 at 2:10:59 pm

I checked my firmware first thing, and the U-1 was out of date. Now, it's driver 4.0.3 and firmware 2.54. Actually, I didn't get the error message on the U-1 until after I updated the firmware. The firmware on the PDW-F355 cameras is 2.00.

I don't get the error message on disks that don't have clips copied over from the PDW-200. It's only on disks that have clips copied over after we've copied them.

Return to posts index

Ian Cook
on Sep 10, 2013 at 2:25:57 pm

Can you tell me the firmware version of the 200 and the version of Content Browser?

So, this is more or less the workflow, give or take?

1. record files on PMW200 using HQ 1440 codec
2. copy to newly formatted XDCAM Disc using PDWU1 (or F355?)
3. Put disc into F355 (or disconnect from computer/terminate PC Remote mode if it's already in the camera)
4. MEM FULL happens after you start recording or right away?

Feel free to email me offline about this... ian dot cook at am dot sony dot com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]