FORUMS: list search recent posts

error writing MXF file

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM Optical Disc & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jamie Herring
error writing MXF file
on Jul 31, 2013 at 1:30:13 am

I'm trying to export a 1080i60VBR sequence from fcp7 to disc using sony xdcam transfer. The disc is new and the clips match the sequence settings. I've tried checking the "recompress all frames" in the export window, but it still failed to write to disc. Any suggestions?

Return to posts index

Ian Cook
Re: error writing MXF file
on Jul 31, 2013 at 3:50:49 pm

Can you write it locally and copy to /CLIP?

Return to posts index

Jamie Herring
on Aug 1, 2013 at 2:28:08 am

I exported the sequence to the desktop as an MXF but it failed once I tried to drag it into the clip folder...I've also tried copying the file and pasting-no luck-

FCP Easy Setup format is HD, All Rates, use: xdcam ex1080i60 vbr

Sequence Settings: frame size1920X1080, pixel aspect ration SQUARE, editing timebase 27.97, audio settings 48kHz 16bit

Return to posts index

Ian Cook
on Aug 1, 2013 at 5:23:08 pm

what device are you using and what error do you get when trying to copy to the CLIP folder? are you sure you are copying to the clip folder and not the CLPR folder? Can you verify that you see the correct directories in Finder? You should see CLIP, SUB, EDIT, GENERAL and USER DATA. If you don't see these the driver is not installed or is not working.

Return to posts index

Jamie Herring
on Aug 1, 2013 at 8:45:54 pm

I would like to export directly from fcp to disc. But when trying to copy, I open the Clip folder to transfer but it fails. error reads:

"The Finder can’t complete the operation because some data in “1080 test.MXF” can’t be read or written.
(Error code -36)"

When trying to export to disc from fcp, error reads:
"Export Failed Please check that your XDCAM device is set up correctly, the REC INHIBIT is off, and the disc is not full. The device should be configured like this: Video: MPEG HD 60i Audio: 2 ch x16 bit. Error writing MXF file (while checking successful write)."

I'm using the xdcam drive: pdw-u1, current firmware version 2.540
the disc is new, the rec inhibit is off, my sequence settings match the video video format

Return to posts index

Ian Cook
on Aug 1, 2013 at 9:04:58 pm

What is the driver version of the U1 (not the firmware) and the XDCAM Transfer version?

Please try this:

-open the U1 control panel and rest the drive. then make sure free naming is enabled (naming form = free).

-insert a disc with XDHD 35 Mb 2 channel footage and import one clip into FCP

-put that clip into a blank sequence and let FCP match the seq settings to the clip

-highlight the seq in the bin-->control-click-->SETTINGS and make sure the Audio Output tab is set for 2 or 4 channels of dual mono

-File-->Export-->Sony XDCAM, select MXF as the file type using 'Current Settings'

Can you export this to the disc? Or to the desktop and then to /Clip?

Return to posts index

Jamie Herring
on Aug 1, 2013 at 9:11:42 pm

driver version: 4.0.1
naming form: free

xdcam transfer vers: 2.13.0

I don't have the option the "match sequence settings to clip settings" when I put the imported video clip to the sequence - my sequence was preset to match

I can export to the desktop but unable to copy to clip folder and unable to directly export to disc

Return to posts index

Ian Cook
on Aug 1, 2013 at 9:22:30 pm

can you please try a simple round trip using a new XD clip in the sequence and the above steps.you can dropbox a small exported file for me if you/d like me to test here.

Return to posts index

Ian Cook
on Aug 1, 2013 at 9:35:31 pm

ian dot cook at am dot sony dot com

Return to posts index

Ian Cook
on Aug 1, 2013 at 9:56:32 pm

you sent me an .mov file-- can you send me the .MXF that gets output by the transfer/export plugin? you can't write an .mov to disc, at least not to the CLIP folder as playable video. this isn't the file you are exporting to disc, is it? you should be doing:

-file-->export-->Sony XDCAM
-Select the desktop as the destination in the Export plugin window
-select .mxf as the file type
-select 'current settings'
-Export the mxf and upload

Return to posts index

Ian Cook
on Aug 1, 2013 at 10:08:08 pm

yes, i know it does, but the file you copy to disc is the one i need. just saw your mxf come through. will give it a try here.

Return to posts index

Ian Cook
on Aug 1, 2013 at 10:48:28 pm

at the very least your sequence settings are wrong and are creating files that will never go to disc or open in our applications. the file is also erroneously reporting that it is PAL in my MXF analyzer.

the raster size of the file is 1920 x 1080. XDCAM HD is 1440 x 1080. HDCAM HD 422 and XDCAM EX are 1920 x 1080. for XDCAM HD 420 @ 59.94i you should use the below settings. for 29.97p you should use the '1080p30' version just below it in the list. also please make sure you are using XDCAM Transfer v 2.13, which you can get from http://www.sony.com/xdcam-downloads in the 'legacy applications' area .

Return to posts index

Jamie Herring
on Aug 1, 2013 at 11:46:52 pm

thank you for you time and effort.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]