FORUMS: list search recent posts

Issue with PDZ-1

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM Optical Disc & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kevin Alden
Issue with PDZ-1
on Jul 6, 2013 at 10:07:02 pm

Hi all, this my first (and possible only) post and is a bit of a longshot.

I do software support and one of the many applications that was thrown onto us with no real handover was the sony xdcam suite of tools. I know nothing about it's use past the installation, as I do not personally use the equipment, but I have come across a problem on a Windows 7 64-bit Enterprise workstation that has me stuck.

I install in this order

XDCAM driver Software V400
FAM version 2300

The user then launches the PDZ-1 Direct Mode application. This brings up the main application window, which appears to be the Sony proxy browsing software. If there is no disc inserted it returns the error "disk image does not exist" which is expected. However, when a disc is present and this application is launched, it returns the error message

"Media Profile Update Error"

And I can't get past this. The entire suite has been uninstalled a few times, withe the same result. Someone mentioned changing the install order, which did nothing. Is anyone familiar with this problem?

Many thanks.

Return to posts index

Ian Cook
Re: Issue with PDZ-1
on Jul 8, 2013 at 2:07:43 pm

PDZ-1 direct = for reading the Proxy files directly from a FAM (firewire) or VFAM (USB) device.

PDZ-1 (standard version) = caches the Proxy files locally for logging and eventually syncing the metadata back to original media

The FAM driver is for firewire devices and should be at v 2.30 (Windows).

The VFAM driver is for the PDW-U1 or U2 portable USB drives and should at v 4.0.2. Note that after you install this you mey need to update the firmware on the U1/U2. Open the bundled software control panel ("XDCAM Drive Utility") and navigate to the firmware update page to check if an update is waiting to be applied.

For FAM driver 2.30 the device on the other end should be at the latest firmware as well. For PDW-151500/F1600 decks this would be 1.78 or higher. For PDW-F70/F-75 decks this would be 2.0 or higher.

Also check for antivirus software and try disabling it if the above checks out.

If we need to go further pls post the deck/drive/camera model # and I can tell you how to check its software version.

PDZ-1 was recently discontinued and replaced with Content Browser. If we cannot get PDZ-1 to function correctly we may suggest you migrate up to CB which has many of the same features/functions. http://www.sonycreativesoftware.com/contentbrowser

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]