FORUMS: list search recent posts

Slow xdcam mounting U2 to AMA

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM Optical Disc & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
steve knattress
Slow xdcam mounting U2 to AMA
on May 23, 2013 at 11:52:31 am

Yesterday I had a steady flow of a live sport event recorded on 23 gb optical xdcam discs from 3 cameras.

I needed only a couple of shots of each ( nearly full) disk.

On inserting the disc the u2 drive whirred for several minutes before the clips were then "read" into an AMA bin.
This whole operation seemed to take ages.
I then had to select the clips needed and consolidate into the avid mc 5.5, before the next disc change.

Is there any way to speed up the original disc "mount"?

In the end due to time constraints ( tx that night) I connected an xdcam player, spooled to the clip, and baseband imported, obviously I could select, view and log interviews as I imported.

Any other workflow suggestions?

Steve

Return to posts index

Ian Cook
Re: Slow xdcam mounting U2 to AMA
on May 23, 2013 at 5:54:34 pm

any Antivirus software running on the system? you should not be seeing these kinds of mounting/transfer times. also make sure you are running vfam 4.01 with the concurrent firmware version, OR the recommended driver/firmware combo for your version of Avid. on my W7 and Mountain Lion systems here a full 23 GB disc (with a large # of short clips) mounts almost instantly and the clips are available in maybe 20-30 seconds max. also make sure you are not AMA-ing the Proxy with full res audio. this can take longer as it involves reading multiple files from different folders. make sure the AMA link reference is set to 'highest quality' and that the ProAV folder is disabled in the drive utility software.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]