FORUMS: list search recent posts

Problem exporting finished fcp x file back to pdw 700 optical disk using content browser explorer

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM Optical Disc & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Shelley Moore
Problem exporting finished fcp x file back to pdw 700 optical disk using content browser explorer
on Mar 26, 2013 at 12:11:37 am

Hi there! Looking for some help exporting a project edited in Final Cut Pro x back to the Sony pdw 700 xdcam's disk as an MXF file. I am using content browser exporter and it returns a message saying to check the settings on the device and whether the rec inhibit is on. I formatted the disk, the record tab is in, fam drivers installed... still, won't do it. Suggestions?

Return to posts index

Ian Cook
Re: Problem exporting finished fcp x file back to pdw 700 optical disk using content browser explorer
on Apr 4, 2013 at 3:05:02 am

Hi Shelley-

Are you able to export locally and then copy to /CLIP on the disc?

Is /CLIP visible in Finder?

Is the camera's record format set to something other than the format you are exporting?

FAM version is 2.32?

Audio is 8 x 24 bit?

Just some preliminary Qs to get the simple stuff out of the way... Let me know.

Return to posts index

Shelley Moore
Re: Problem exporting finished fcp x file back to pdw 700 optical disk using content browser explorer
on Apr 4, 2013 at 5:39:54 am

Hi Ian, thank you so much for helping me out! I can answer a couple of these questions right now, but I don't have access to my PDW 700 until tomorrow afternoon.

My FAM version is 2.32 for sure.

I'm going to have to check again, but I'm pretty sure the audio is 8 channels/24 bit.

I will have to check the camera's record settings, but they don't change from what I record and import to Final Cut X to when I want to export back to the optical disc on the camera.

As for /CLIP, are you referring to XDCAM EX Clip Browser? If you are, that may be the problem. I haven't used it at all in the ingest process. In fact, I didn't know I had it at all!

I think I need to know what the best workflow is to ingest the clips, get them into Final Cut X, then to export the .mov finished project back to the optical disk as an .mxf for broadcast.

If you can help I will be eternally grateful. I've literally spent days and days trying to figure this out.

Thanks a million
Shelley in Vancouver

Return to posts index

Ian Cook
on Apr 4, 2013 at 5:47:34 pm

no, by /CLIP i mean the clip directory on the disc. Try manually putting the mxf there or using Content Browser to import the file to the disc.

the 'best workflow' is to use CB to import the files, then the CB exporter plugin to export back to disc.

Return to posts index

Shelley Moore
on Apr 4, 2013 at 5:54:48 pm

Gotcha. I'm going to try that tonight. Thanks again for your help.

Return to posts index

Shelley Moore
on Apr 6, 2013 at 12:14:29 am

Hi Ian,

The audio in the .mov file I'm trying to export using Content Browser Exporter is 8 mono channels, 48gHtz.

This is the error message I get when I try to do it either to the optical disk or the clip folder on it:

The share operation Export File has failed

The operation could not be completed because the output file could not be created (error -12143).

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]