FORUMS: list search recent posts

Sync new XDCAM metadata to old clips - FCP 7

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM Optical Disc & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mika Raatikainen
Sync new XDCAM metadata to old clips - FCP 7
on Jan 2, 2013 at 12:54:11 pm

Ok, so I have the following problem, and couldn't find an answer from the interweb, so here goes:

I have old material (XDCAM HD 422) which has been imported as MOVs for use in FCP 7. We have used this material for a couple of years on about 40 different programs, with a couple new ones in production. The thing is, when they were first imported none of the clips had any added metadata, except Reel name/number.
Now our producer would like to add additional metadata (descriptions etc) to the original clips (as well as the imported MOVs). Adding them to the XDCAM discs is no problem, and when importing them with the FCP XML, it works as required, bringing the metadata to FCP as well.

Now, the problem lies in the older files already on disc, which don't bring in the metadata, even after reconnecting media. The problem lies in the fact that the old material was imported as MOVs without the XML files holding the metadata. Now the old projects doesn't "know" that it now has metadata it could use. Is there a way to add it afterwards?

The metadata was written in XDCAM Browser, then updated to the original disc, and this time importing the video as MOVs with the XML imported as well.

Thanks in advance to any suggestions, even if (or especially) it is that this isn't possible.

Return to posts index

Ian Cook
Re: Sync new XDCAM metadata to old clips - FCP 7
on Jan 2, 2013 at 4:15:43 pm

There is no easy way to add/sync the metadata after the fact with FCP. I will do some checking here and confirm shortly..

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]