FORUMS: list search recent posts

PDWU2 Driver problem?

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM Optical Disc & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
James Graham
PDWU2 Driver problem?
on Nov 19, 2012 at 5:09:53 pm

Hi

I am having problems using a PDWU2 on Windows 7.

After installing the v3.2 driver I only see the "PRO AV" and "GENERAL" folders. I know the disc is good because I see the full virtual folder structure on other machines. However I can't get this working on Windows 7. I have tried uninstalling and re-installing the driver several times. I have even tried using older driver versions but still get the same result.

Is there something I am missing or a manual way to remove the driver so I can start again from scratch?

Many Thanks
James

Return to posts index

Ian Cook
Re: PDWU2 Driver problem?
on Nov 19, 2012 at 5:19:56 pm

if you only see ProAV and General, the driver is not working. This could be because of antivirus or disc burning software interfering with the background services. check for any of this and also make sure the firmware on the U2 is up to date (do this in the utility)

Return to posts index

James Graham
on Nov 20, 2012 at 4:46:20 pm

There's no disc burning software on the machine. I uninstalled Symantec, which was running on the system, and tried uninstalling and re-installing the XDCAM driver again. However I still only get the "GENERAL" and "PROAV" folders. The U2 is running firmware version 1.450.

Is there anything else that could be conflicting with it?

Return to posts index

Ian Cook
on Nov 20, 2012 at 4:50:26 pm

Take a look at the running processes in Task Manager-- do you see anything disc- or UDF- related? It's usually either that or Antivirus software. Also try updating the firmware from the Utility.

Return to posts index

James Graham
on Nov 21, 2012 at 3:20:05 pm

The drive utility says the firmware is current but I ran through the update process anyway.

I don't see any disc related processes running. I do get a WUDFHost.exe process running when I connect the U2 but isn't that normal? I see the same process start when I connect the U2 to a working Win7 machine.

Return to posts index

jabran
on Nov 29, 2012 at 10:21:07 pm

James, did you find a resolution for this?

I'm having the exact problem on one PC running Win 7 Pro/64 SP1. However, I'm not having the problem on another PC running the same. I don't remember doing anything different on these two machines, using the same PDW-U2 and disc on both PCs. XDCAM Drive Utility 3.2.0. On the PC that's not working the XDCAM Drive Utility doesn't even show a disc is inserted in the reader. Windows can see the PROAV and General folders.

I wonder if it has something to do with how Windows is treating the drive connected via USB or a USB port config issue?

Return to posts index

James Graham
on Nov 30, 2012 at 5:23:05 pm

Hi Jabran
Your problem sounds exactly the same as mine. I still haven't found a solution short of re-installing Windows.

Return to posts index

Ian Cook
on Nov 30, 2012 at 6:45:54 pm

FYI I was able to reproduce this on a couple of new Win7 machines I recently had to set up for a show.. I've reported it to our development group. I was able to get around it by uninstalling/reinstalling (this worked for all three machines) but understand this may not be working for all users. I will continue to investigate and hope to have an update soon on what is causing it.

Return to posts index

jabran Soubeih
on Nov 30, 2012 at 11:22:43 pm

Ian,
Have you found the re-installing the XDCAM Driver Utility has resolved this or did you re-install Win 7 OS?

Jabran

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]