FORUMS: list search recent posts

PAGlink Battery system ~GROUP BUY~

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM Optical Disc & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Curt Pair
PAGlink Battery system ~GROUP BUY~
on Oct 24, 2012 at 7:10:52 pm

(Not sure where to post this on Cow exactly... but since I own Sony, Panasonic, and Red cameras... I thought here might be a good spot.)

Hey there!

I stumbled into the PAGlink Battery system while at NAB this year. I talked them into sending me some to evaluate. I must say, after 20 years of being "another" battery company user (let's just say they are based in Shelton, CT), I was very impressed. So much so that I'm in the process of actually REPLACING about half of my stock of that other battery company.

I have organized a "group buy" in which any participant will receive 23% off the purchase price. The USA list price from the Distributor for each PL95e is $550 per unit. We can offer these at $425 for the group buy! If we can get 20 people who need a charger... we can get them at a 25% discount from the list price of $727. The chargers are $575. PAG also has a few other accessories, like the "PowerHub" in which it has four D-tap positions and a USB position built into it. HOWEVER... the D-tap "modules" can be interchanged for Hirose, or PP90 connectors too! I'm told in the future, they'll possibly have Lemo and Fischer! Therefore, using these batteries with just about ANY camera system is easy! We can get the PowerHubs at a discount if there is enough interest... There are also quad chargers, and "micro" chargers available too! We can get discounts if enough people are interested! (Prices do not include shipping and handling from Phoenix, Arizona.)

If you haven't heard of PAGlink batteries, or even PAG themselves... you're not alone! This company is HUGE outside of the USA. I think PAG is onto some ingenious ideas! I've used the PAGlight for about 12 years now, and it's still awesome! Check them out here: https://www.paguk.com/content/new-products

I have a full "video review" of the batteries: http://picturethisproductions.net/index.php/blog/reviews/280-paglink-batter.....

If you'd like the cliff notes: PAGlinks are a V-mount battery. These are 96wH batteries that are LINKABLE! You can "link" up to 8 batteries together on ANY device! (PAG recommends up to 3 on any camera, use your own discretion if you'd like to use more; it's a weight on the battery mount thing). They act as a collective unit when linked! They are hot swappable in the stack! You can charge up to 16 batteries simultaneously on a two position charger! (For those of us that travel... now you don't have to get up in the middle of the night to change batteries on your charger! And you don't have to take multiple chargers either!). PAGlinks are the only battery on the market that are both United Nations and IATA approved to carry on board any commercial/passenger aircraft with NO QUANTITY RESTRICTIONS! You take as many as you want! Again... good news for crews that are constantly traveling. The batteries also provide ENG camera viewfinders with either voltage, % remaining or time remaining on the battery (depends on the camera make and model).

I have the "gold mount" on all of my cameras, monitors, LED lights, etc. I have purchased SEVERAL IDX gold mount to V mount adapters so that I can actually run with both systems. I still have batteries in the other camp. However, for the first time in my career, I think I'm in the best possible position. I've traveled abroad, only to have our battery case not show up... we tried to rent batteries and outside the USA, it seems V mounts are reining supreme... We were stuck. We had to rent cameras! Not any more!

If you're interested in participating in the "Group Buy" please email me: curt@picturethisproductions.net. Or if you'd prefer, I'm available by phone too: 602-494-2808. The batteries will be shipped from the USA, but we can ship them anywhere in the world!

Curt Pair
Picture This Productions (Phoenix, AZ)
http://www.picturethisproductions.net
#CurtPTP | Facebook | LinkedIn

Red Epic M No.565
Sony ICE Team: F800/F350/PMWF3/F900/PMW700/EX1/EX3/D790/D600
Adobe Premiere Pro CS6 HD/Matrox Axio/MX02 Rack
DSCLabs|Nexto NVS 2500|Convergent-Design nanoFlash|GoPro|K5600|Westcott|ONiCAST|Bright Tangerine

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]