FORUMS: list search recent posts

Sony PDW-U1 very slow

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM Optical Disc & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Allby Corry
Sony PDW-U1 very slow
on Oct 18, 2012 at 4:31:12 pm

Hi,

My PDW-U1 a few weeks ago started getting very slow in operations to recognize the disc when inserted, format and especially to open the XDCAM Browser.

I did the latest updates, but nothing worked.

I tested it on another machine, and it worked perfect.
So I'm thinking it may be a conflict with a recently installed program but I uninstalled the last 2 that were installed, and the problem persists

Thanks in advance.

Allby

i7 16GB
Win7
Adobe CS6
Matrox MXO2

Return to posts index

Ian Cook
Re: Sony PDW-U1 very slow
on Oct 18, 2012 at 5:25:05 pm

Any Antivirus on the system? Can you provide a bit more detail about the slow performance?

Thanks

Return to posts index

Allby Corry
on Oct 18, 2012 at 5:43:06 pm

Hi Ian,

No antivirus installed.

For example, when I insert a disk and go to the XDCAM browse, it takes almost 1 minute to open the program.
Before I clicked on the icon and in a few seconds the program began.

I also noticed that now when I insert a disc with the XDCAM drive utility opened, it takes a few seconds to recognize the disc and release format, before was immediate.

Thanks.

Return to posts index

Allby Corry
on Oct 22, 2012 at 5:48:53 pm

Hi Ian,

Any idea what might be happening?

All the best.

Return to posts index

Ian Cook
on Oct 22, 2012 at 5:57:00 pm

I know you said you did all the updates but can you confirm the driver (e.g. '3.2') and firmware (e.g.'2.5') and make sure there are no firmware updates pending? Other UDF- or Optical Disc-related applications such as disc authoring utilities can occasionally interfere with the driver. Did you recently install any Roxio or other disc burning software? Does the symptom follow on other machines? Does Browser behave normally when you are not connected to the U1?

Return to posts index

Allby Corry
on Oct 23, 2012 at 11:35:04 am

Hi Ian,

Yes, all updated drive 3.2 and firmare 2.5.
I have only Nero installed and is that before installing the applications on PDW-U1, and it worked perfect, until last month.
The latest files installed are just a few plugins for CS6.

I have another machine very similar to this with the same applications installed, but the symptom does not occur.
The only difference is that one is with BM Decklink and the other with Matrox MXO2.

Even with the U1 disconnected, the browser takes a long to initialize.

Is there an app to see if there is a conflict?

Thank you again.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]