FORUMS: list search recent posts

XDCAM disk error

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM Optical Disc & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mike Sorel
XDCAM disk error
on Oct 3, 2012 at 1:50:58 pm

Hi looking for some help,

Getting an error on a shot disc that has some important footage I need. I used XDCAM Transfer earlier in the day to pull the proxies and name the disc then our editor was going to capture the footage using another computer when the error message occurred. I plugged the U1 back on my computer and got the same error messages

The error is about disk inconsistency and asks to recover the disc.

"Volume Inconsistency - Some inconsistency occurred in the volume. Volume recovery with utility is needed."

I open the utility software, running driver version 3.2.0 and the PDW-U1 Firmware verision 2.500 and start a Volume Recovery but I get another error message.

"Volume Recovery failed. (Error Code: 0xA2000013) Disc access failed because disc is damaged or disc managment data was not written correctly."

Wondering if anyone else has had this issue and if there are any solutions? Thanks

Mike Sorel

Return to posts index

Ian Cook
Re: XDCAM disk error
on Oct 3, 2012 at 2:29:49 pm

If you can't recover it with Drive Software v 3.2 or the device that made the recordings (if you have the camcorder/deck handy try putting the disc in and see if it prompts to perform a 'salvage') the disc should be sent to our media team. They can attempt recovery and usually respond very quickly. Call the tech group at 800 883 6817 to arrange this..

Return to posts index

Mike Sorel
on Oct 5, 2012 at 8:00:54 pm

Hi Ian,

Thanks for responding, we put the disc in a deck and the camera but get the FS Unknown! error. I'll be calling the media team soon.

Thanks again,

Mike

Return to posts index

eugen cela
on Oct 23, 2012 at 9:38:28 am

I had the same problem. After updating the firmware with version 3.2 I exported a video on a disk formatted with the previous firmware. After exporting gave me the same error messages. Does anyone know a way to recover the video already exist in the disk?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]