FORUMS: list search recent posts

XDCAM HD 420 into premiere pro

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM Optical Disc & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tony Brecknock
XDCAM HD 420 into premiere pro
on Jul 13, 2012 at 1:17:50 am

I am bringing in XDCAM 420 as a file right from my optical discs into Ppro 5.5. no matter what I do - even when I natively edit xdcam I get a chroma delay (colour strobe?) on fast moving bright reds like a flame red front on a kayak with a snap pull out. If I digitize through my matrox le hdsdi I don't have the problem - it isn't in the picture. It has sometime to do with coming in as a file regardless of how I set my pro sequence. I can't seem to get rid of it and see it on several similar shots. Am I missing a plug in codec or what? is there a batch input trancode software available to bring the .mxf in as another file type. Is this a problem directly with 420 in ppro??

Tony

Return to posts index

Tim Allison
Re: XDCAM HD 420 into premiere pro
on Aug 2, 2012 at 3:44:01 pm

We are just now switching from Final Cut to Premiere Pro, but one little thing I have learned is that playing the XDCAM files directly from the disk is really slow. If you copy them to a file on your internal or external media drive (whatever you use), then they work much better. Otherwise, I haven't noticed the problem you mention.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]