FORUMS: list search recent posts

Can't see full-rez files on XDCAM disc...

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM Optical Disc & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brian Young
Can't see full-rez files on XDCAM disc...
on Jun 23, 2012 at 4:06:35 pm

Greetings all,

I have a client that cannot see the full-rez files recorded on two 23GB XDCAM discs. He can only see the proxy files.

Details:
Recorded 1080/60i HD422/50 on PDW-F800
Attempting to see it on: XDCAM browser 2.1, Media Composer 5.5.3 on Snow Leopard using PDW-U1.

Seems like it should be pretty straightforward…but for some reason, that's not the case.

Thanks for any input.

Brian Young
Flaca Productions
Los Angeles

Return to posts index

Brian Young
Re: Can't see full-rez files on XDCAM disc...
on Jun 23, 2012 at 4:44:57 pm

more info:

He can see the files on the desktop and can copy them. He just can't get the Avid to link to them, or XDCAM browser to see them. He's checking to see that the U1 has the most recent firmware....

Brian Young
Flaca Productions
Los Angeles

Return to posts index

Brian Young
on Jun 23, 2012 at 5:11:54 pm

more:

Is he trying to import via AMA? He should do an old fashioned bin import. Open the files on his desk top and select the MXF files and have AVID Import.

Yeah, tried that. They won't import, only the proxies. If I link thru AMA I can open individual files, one video and 8 audio, but I can neither play nor transcode them.

Brian Young
Flaca Productions
Los Angeles

Return to posts index

Brian Young
on Jun 23, 2012 at 9:42:03 pm

We found a work around. My friend has an old system running "XDCAM transfer" which will read the files and put the 422:50 wrapper on them. The Avid loads them up just fine after that (at least the one test file anyway).

Go figure.

Brian Young
Flaca Productions
Los Angeles

Return to posts index

Tim Allison
on Aug 2, 2012 at 3:55:16 pm

Brian,

XDCAM Transfer is actually a program written primarily for Final Cut Pro, and not for Avid. FCP will NOT work with the native MXF files, so XDCAM Transfer re-wraps them into a Quicktime "envelope" so FCP can work with them. Does your AVID work with the native MXF files? If it does, then just copy from the XDCAM disk to your media drive, and import them into the Avid.

Return to posts index

Brian Young
on Aug 2, 2012 at 7:21:49 pm

Hi Tim,

Thankfully, we "resolved" this issue and it was with an edit system being used by a freelance editor only for this gig. Hopefully your post will save others some stress in the future - thanks for the reply.

Brian Young
Los Angeles
http://www.FlacaProductions.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]