XDCAM Utility software issues.
on May 9, 2012 at 4:25:09 pm

Hi guys...

I'm having compatibility issues with the U1 Utility software,
Driver Version: 2.3.1
Firmware Version: 2.450

And the XDCAM Drive Utility,
Driver Version: 3.1.1

We recycled all our XDCAM discs with version 3.1.1, and now, when we pop the disk in the mac with the 2.3.1 version, we get an error saying:

'The disc is corrupted. Please use the U1 Utility to recover the disc'

When I go to Volume recovery in U1 Utility it says:

Mount Status: Error (Inconsistency)
Write Operations: Restricted (Volume Condition)
Details:
The required files on the volume are inconsisted.
The volume needs to be recovered.

Recording to the volume is restricted by the driver software.

However, when we put the same disc in the 3.1.1 version we can read, write and format fine.

We deliver programmes to clients on XDCAM disk and having used 3.1.1 and it working fine, we sent it up. This is before we realized there was an issue.
However, they said it was a corrupt disc and we failed tech review.

Is there a way to get the programmes to talk to each other OR is there at least another way to re-format the disks in the 2.3.1 version so we don't have to throw all our recycled disks away??

Sarah

Return to posts index

Ian Cook
Re: XDCAM Utility software issues.
on May 9, 2012 at 7:11:52 pm

Unfortunately this can happen with discs formatted using VFAM 3.x and read in 2.x. Presently the only way to avoid it is by running the latest version of the driver (currently 3.1.1). We hope to have this patched in the next release of 3.x. If you really need to you can reformat the discs using the Utility software on your 2.3.x machine.

Return to posts index

Kevin Carlson
on Sep 28, 2012 at 8:25:51 pm

I'm having a very similar if not the same issue except it only happens with Fuji discs, not Sony. Any idea why this might be? We have been formatting the Fuji discs in our 700 before shooting.

Return to posts index

Ian Cook
on Sep 28, 2012 at 8:42:43 pm

Are you running v 3.2 of the U1/U2 software and recent (1.7x-1.8x) 700 firmware?

http://www.sony.com/xdcam-downloads

Return to posts index

Kevin Carlson
on Sep 28, 2012 at 10:12:58 pm

I wasn't, but I just downloaded v 3.2 of the software. Now the disc seems to be operating more normal, but in XDCAM transfer (2.12.0) I get this message:

Other discs I didn't have any issues with still seem to function normal.

Is XDCAM Transfer outdated entirely and XDCAM Browser what I need to use?

I can go check the 700 firmware, but seems like that might not be the issue at this point.

Return to posts index

Ian Cook
on Oct 1, 2012 at 1:25:49 pm

Can you version Transfer up to 2.13? http://www.sony.com/xdcam-downloads -->Applications -->Legacy Applications

Return to posts index

Kevin Carlson
on Oct 1, 2012 at 4:56:01 pm

That must have been the problem--thanks Ian.

Return to posts index

steve knattress
on Oct 17, 2012 at 6:20:42 pm

I also have a related problem

I have a PDW-U2 with firmware 1.450 and XDcam drive utility 3.2.0 (=driver version)
If I insert a brand new 23GB XDcam Disc I get an expected unformatted disc alert

The XDcam driver reports "REWRITABLE 23GB, unformatted, Restricted(Volume condition)"

I start the format and immediately get the Format error

Format failed.
(Error Code: 0xA100000E)
Disc access failed because the disc is damaged or disc management data was not written correctly.

Volume recovery stares "the disc is not formatted. Recording to the volume is restricted by the driver software."

any advice, I used to be able to format discs!

Thanks Steve

Return to posts index

Kevin Carlson
on Oct 18, 2012 at 2:55:23 pm

Does it work to format in camera--at least as a work around?

Return to posts index

steve knattress
on Oct 18, 2012 at 3:03:55 pm

Yes will be editing at OB from PDW 1600, so am able to format on there without any problem, just not on my U2

Ps im using a Mbp with os 10.8. Software up to date ? June/July 2012

Steve

Return to posts index

Ian Cook
on Oct 18, 2012 at 4:44:33 pm

The version of the driver you are running doesn't support Mountain Lion (10.8). I suspect this is the problem. The new version for ML isn't posted yet but we have the final release. If you'd like, email me offline and I'll send it to you. ian dot cook at am dot sony dot com

Return to posts index

steve knattress
on Oct 20, 2012 at 2:20:49 pm

Thank you Ian the new mac driver. I formatted my XDCAM disc without any problem ( also a firmware update for the U2)

I tried a quick AMA access and consolidate to HD from MC 6.0.3.
This seemed to be OK with ML 10.8.2, also XDCAm browser.

Thanks again Steve

I posted this on the avid forums and did not get a reply, can you answer for me, is this also a driver problem?

I have recently been editing from XDCAM disks on a clients PC machine. (MC 5.5.3)

I usually just open in AMA and then consolidate the clips I require to an ISIS drive for editing. (keeping them XDCAM 1080i50)

However I find that before any clips show in the AMA bin the disc is accessed for ages (50GB XDCAM disc nearly full with many many clips).

The avid then accesses the disc and adds each clips data individually into the bin., before I get machine use back.

What is the first "look at the disc" step and can it be made quicker? ( U2 connected by USB2) on a PC

Return to posts index

Michael Hoge
on Oct 31, 2012 at 11:48:31 am

Steve or Ian,

I came across your post and I have the exact same problem with the current XDCAM utility software on my Mountain Lion Mac Pro. I would really appreciate it if you could send me the new software release.

My email is Hoge dot Michael at gmail dot com

Thanks a lot, I'm really in a pinch here! haha

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]