FORUMS: list search recent posts

Converting to mxf for optical disk

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM Optical Disc & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mitch Jordan
Converting to mxf for optical disk
on Apr 2, 2012 at 4:47:29 pm

We shoot primarily with Sony PDW-F355 XDCAM Optical Disk cameras, so all of our raw material is archived on optical disk. Now, we are starting to work a Canon T3i into the mix, and we're considering an EX1R for next year. I'd like to archive the material from the T3i on our optical disk with the material shot with the F355. I realize it will end up 1440x1080 anamorphic to match our camera raw, but that's okay. XDCAM Browser doesn't seem to help. Does anyone know of a workflow to rewrap or export quicktime movies onto an XDCAM Optical Disk?

Return to posts index

Ian Cook
Re: Converting to mxf for optical disk
on Apr 2, 2012 at 5:26:30 pm

XDCAM Browser will convert the EX HD files. Transcodes will require the Main Concept option (can be used in demo mode w/o a serial #; outputs watermarked files). If it's not working check the 'details' area it is likely a setting. Let me know if you cannot get it to fly.

Return to posts index

Mitch Jordan
on Apr 2, 2012 at 6:43:26 pm

Thanks, Ian. We don't have the EX yet, so I'm afraid I can't try that yet. Is there any way to encode other files to the mxf format for the disk?

Return to posts index

Ian Cook
on Apr 2, 2012 at 6:47:58 pm

No, Browser will only recognize XDCAM .mxf, .mp4 and .avi files, and only offers the full range of conversion options on .mp4 files (this last part isn't really a limitation as most of the MXF conversion options are designed to go from EX-->Optical disc). You may want to try Episode from Telestream. It's pricey but can convert almost any kind of HDSLR to optical .mxf.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]