FORUMS: list search recent posts

Problems copying from disk

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM Optical Disc & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John Goerner
Problems copying from disk
on Mar 21, 2012 at 2:45:48 pm

Hi All.

My normal work flow has been to copy my entire XDCam disk to hard drive then accessing them directly with AVID MC 5.5.

Last night ran into trouble with a couple different error codes.

I tried the same thing with my laptop this morning and there was no problems what so ever.

I had just upgraded my XDCam browser software but wasn't using in anyway for this copy. One time I tried browsing the disk with it and got errors on the thumbnails (seems they couldn't be read). After a reboot the browser software worked but the copy was still causing errors.

Anyone else run into this?

John Goerner
Non-Stop Productions

Return to posts index

Ian Cook
Re: Problems copying from disk
on Mar 21, 2012 at 3:34:35 pm

What errors are you getting in Media Composer? Do you get these when trying to AMA the files? If you're using AMA, does manual import of the high-res mxf files work? When you look at the directories in your archive to you see the normal XD folder structure (Clip, Sub Edit, General, etc)?

The 'thumbnail' errors sound like what would happen when running an older version of Transfer with Snow Leopard or an older version of Browser with Lion. Make sure Browser is at v 2.0. You can also use Browser to manually import the original MXFs into a new (i.e rebuilt) disc archive which AMA will link to as a virtual volume..

Return to posts index

John Goerner
on Mar 21, 2012 at 8:04:58 pm

I was copying them using finder (I also tried ChronoSync). Then I "link to AMA volume".

The error codes were 8081 and I think 41. It was a bit strange since sometimes I could copy files within the specific folder (as opposed to copying the folder) after I got the error.

I am running 10.6.8. The XDCam Browser is version 2.0. Thanks for the info about how Browser can rebuild virtual volume. It could come in handy.

John Goerner
Non-Stop Productions

Return to posts index

John Goerner
on Mar 22, 2012 at 6:31:48 pm

Might be more computer related. I have been able to copy the files using my laptop. Seems strange though.

John

John Goerner
Non-Stop Productions

Return to posts index

Tim Richardson
on Mar 23, 2012 at 7:33:12 pm

Hi All,
This is my first post to the cow so thanks in advance for the help and guidance. I just returned from Page AZ were I shot some amazing Slot Canyon video. When I returned home and lunched XDCAM Transfer I got the message: "The database at /Library/Application Support/Sony XDCAM Transfer/ Databases/ Dastbase.sqlite3 will be upgraded to work with this version of XDCAM Transfer". I then hit the upgrade button and got the following message: "Error Initializing Database. Failed to execute query (1: database disk image is malformed)"

I have deleted the program and reinstalled it version 2.13. I have installed all of the latest drivers but nothing seems to work. Any ideas on how to solve this problem would be appreciated. Note that I am working on a Macbook Pro 2.8 GHz with plenty of memory and hard disk space.

Regards,
Tim

Return to posts index

Ian Cook
on Mar 23, 2012 at 7:58:12 pm

Delete the SQL database file at the above referenced path. The application will generate a new on at launch and work normally.

Return to posts index

Tim Richardson
on Mar 23, 2012 at 8:20:08 pm

i get to the Application support file no problem, but there is no "Sony XDCAM Transfer" file found there??? Additionally when I search such in Spyglass, it finds nothing!
thanks for the help, any other ideas?
tim

Return to posts index

Ian Cook
on Mar 23, 2012 at 8:59:31 pm

User/Library/Application Support/Sony XDCAM Transfer/Databases

Delete the sql file or the whole databases folder.

Return to posts index

Tim Richardson
on Mar 23, 2012 at 9:26:02 pm

notice that I have no "database" file!

can you see the view of my desktop that I uploaded?
Tim

Return to posts index

Ian Cook
on Mar 23, 2012 at 9:31:04 pm

You're in the wrong library folder, the path is USER/LIBRARY...not HD/LIBRARY. Note that Lion hides the User Library. I used the terminal command to put mine back, I believe Option + Go menu will reveal it temporarily

Return to posts index

Tim Richardson
on Mar 23, 2012 at 9:38:43 pm

you are a wizard!!! Thanks so much for the help. The "hidden" library was killing me. I owe you a beer, next time you are in the bay area, its on me :-)
Regards,
Tim

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]