FORUMS: list search recent posts

Need a Crash Course on Editing Sony PDW-800 footage IN FCP . Exporting bsck to Sony PDW-F1600

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM Optical Disc & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Adrian Garcia
Need a Crash Course on Editing Sony PDW-800 footage IN FCP . Exporting bsck to Sony PDW-F1600
on Feb 9, 2012 at 3:08:37 am

Hello Everyone,

I'm a video editor at "TheHappiest Place on Earth . . . Disneyland, CA." About 3 month ago, our production team finally went full HD with a purchase of a Sony PDW-F800 and PDW-F1600. The system I am using is Apple QuadCore Intel Xeon. 2.26 Ghz. 6GB of Memory. NVIDIA GeForce GT120

I have a few questions that I need help being answered before i start going "goofy."

All of our footage is shot in Apple XDCAM HD422 1080i60 (50Mb/s CBR). Footage is being imported to Final Cut Pro by using XDCAM Transfer.

Every time I create a new project and export timeline to a new XDCAM disc on the F1600. When the video is playing on a preview monitor after transfer, the footage seems to be de-interlaced as if the fields are off or the if the video is "lagging behind". It jitters or strobes on playback. I've gone back and forth. Checked the settings they all match. Other times, only 3 shots of a timeline will be "lagging/stobbing" from the rest of the project.

Any idea on how to solve this issue?

My FCP Sequence Preset is set to "XDCAM HD 1080i60 CBR" (From what i was told to do). Is this the right Sequence setting I need to be in to editing my XDCAM footage?

Any recommendations to editing these clips and how to export timelines out at there best quality would be much appreciated.

Thanks for the help.

Creating Magical Memories at The Happiest Place on Earth

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]